• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How i can save picture in high definition?

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom mobile on iPad 2018. Why when I export a picture, this picture is in low definition. For example: I import a picture 24 megabyte and Lightroom export picture in 2 megabyte!!

Please help me!

[ moved from Lightroom CC — The cloud-based photo service to Lightroom CC for mobile & Apple TV by moderator ]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Hi nicoo,

Are you syncing to Lightroom Classic CC on your desktop?

If you use LR Classic, the original full resolution document is transferred to your desktop. The photo in the cloud is replaced with a Smart Preview that is 2540 pixels on the longest edge. Now, when you want to export from LR Mobile, the “maximum size available” will be 2540 pixels wide.

This only happens if you sync with LR Classic CC desktop. If you work only in LR CC (not Classic) the original full resolution images remain in t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you importing the picture from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I import the picture from the "Apple Lightning to SD card camera player". I save the picture in ipad roll, then i import in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to save edited versions of your photos, you can choose Save to Camera Roll > Maximum Available (resolution).  This should save the image at the same resolution as the original image.  The file size may indeed be a lot smaller than the original, especially if the original is a RAW photo. 

Please see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/work-with-lightroom-mobile-ios.html#save-photos

If you are trying to export the original, that should indeed save the original image, in its original format and image dimensions.

Hope this helps,

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

there‘s something wrong: if i open one picture by PC Lightroom, i work it and export in 12 mega (for example). If I open the same picture on iPad Lightroom and do the same work, i export in 1 mega!! Why this huge different???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nicoo,

Are you syncing to Lightroom Classic CC on your desktop?

If you use LR Classic, the original full resolution document is transferred to your desktop. The photo in the cloud is replaced with a Smart Preview that is 2540 pixels on the longest edge. Now, when you want to export from LR Mobile, the “maximum size available” will be 2540 pixels wide.

This only happens if you sync with LR Classic CC desktop. If you work only in LR CC (not Classic) the original full resolution images remain in the cloud.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Michael!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines