• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to download single edited DNG files from the cloud?

Enthusiast ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get a DNG file with my LR mobile edits from the cloud?

If I use lightroom.adobe.com/libraries/ I can download the DNG but without any of my development settings.

There is the the app "Adobe Lightroom Downloader" but with this I can't choose which image to download, it just syncs my whole archive that is rather large. So not really an option either.

How do I easily get my mobile edits onto my PC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When downloading DNGs from the web, you are downloading original images and these will not have your edits applied.  If you want to save versions with your edits applied, you must save the "Latest version" as a JPG to see your edits applied.

For more info about downloading originals and edited versions of your images from Lightroom.adobe.com, see: Learn to use Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC on the web 

For more info about the Downloader you mentioned, and its capabilities, see: Download synced Lightroom photos and videos from the cloud to a computer

Thanks,

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I noticed that I don't get the RAW with my edits, that's why I created this topic. I

don't care about the JPG.

I use Lightroom Classic because it has more features, installing another software seems overly complicated.

I think the best solution would be to just allow the download of the edited file from Lightroom Web. Or if it has to be another software just allow the Downloader to select images and not just download everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use Lightroom CC on the desktop, your images are synced with the desktop. The image will initially be just a Smart Preview, but you can request the original from the cloud. Then you’ll have the DNG in Lightroom CC on your desktop with the synced develop settings. Best of all worlds. From there, you could edit in Photoshop, export full resolution images as described above, etc.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, but what's the use of an online Lightroom version if you can't download the changes you made through a mobile device via the .xmp sidecar file that you can download using the "Adobe Lightroom Downloader", in case you didn't do any changes on the desktop. It's pretty useless that way as people want to keep their RAW files but also their Edits without having to resolve to JPG downloads having these changes applied.

The whole system seems to be set up so that you just keep paying for your CC account, and that's not ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines