Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Embed Metadata onto original raw file using Lightroom

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Is there any way to embedd the rating (and maybe even changes on picture) in the original raw file with lightroom mobile?

I am importing the files to lightroom and with a connected ssd to my tablet and the library already crashed 3 times. So I would like to store the information on the original file. 

+ when I later connect the ssd to my computer and have the tablet - library synced. Will the Program recognize the files when I import them on the pc? 

Thanks, Arne 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Arne,

The Raw format from any company is a proprietary format and Lightroom cannot make any changes to it like embedding additional metadata apart from what the image gets created with.

When you import the images to lightroom from your tablet and sync them, you would be able to see the images on any device that you install Lightroom on and sign in with the same Adobe ID. You would be able to access and edit the synced images on the computer without plugging in the SSD.

Regards,
Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines