• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to open files in Lightroom on mobile?

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help with opening preset files on Lightroom mobile

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open an image in Edit and go to presets. You may have a sub-section selected e.g. Color with a downward pointing v chevron. Click on the word color (see image below) and scroll down to User presets. You should also see all the other categories above it.

300x0w.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t find how to open a preset on my iphone it isn’t saying Lightroom app just other app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you downloaded the app from the app store?

You need to select a photo and tap on Edit. All the buttons, including presets appear at the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to install a preset that you’ve downloaded? You can’t install presets from files using your phone. You’ll have to do that with Lightroom CC on a desktop computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so You can’t edit pics without a computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the free app you can use all of the basic editing tools.

Premium features e.g. selective adjustments and storage are available as an in-app purchase starting at $4.99pm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can edit pics on your phone, but that wasn’t the question you asked.

You asked how to open a preset reset from a file. That can only be done on a computer. Once the preset is installed into Lightroom CC, you can use it in your editing process, just as 99jon​ described above.

So, please clarify your question and tell us exactly what you’re trying to do. Maybe add a screen shot to illustrate. We can only help to the degree that you can clearly tell us what you’re trying to do.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I need to know is how to open a preset file with a mobile I have a link that says you can use it on mobile so how to I get from the preset down load onto Lightroom using the airdro on I phone ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that last link is helpful. You are trying to open a DNG file (which is a photo) that has settings applied. Then, using the photo's settings, you create a new preset based on that photo. That's clever, although a little bit of a lengthy process.

When you open the DNG from your mail, and tap the "Share" icon, do you see Lightroom CC listed? What happens when you choose it?

At that point, your phone should automatically switch over to Lightroom with the new photo displayed. Can you tell us exactly what happens when you try this?

MIke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm specifically referring to Step 5 of the instruction page you linked.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom doesn’t show to share onto it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try swiping from right to left to scroll and see all the options? At the far right is “more...” where you can configure what is availablefor sharing. But, LR should be in that list automatically enabled.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn’t show Lightroom at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us:

What iPhone device you have?

What version of iOS is installed?

What version of Lightroom Mobile is installed?

Are you able to see the DNG file preview before tapping the share button, like this?

2F9CFA0A-5DC2-4D51-904B-73A7CF6ACA7C.jpeg

When you tap “More” can you show a screen shot or two showing your choices, like this?

BD2969FA-F4CC-4098-A12C-09EDCE1BAACB.png

Note that Lightroom doesn’t seem to have a switch to disable it, so it should show automatically. Unless you’re using an older version of iOS or Lightroom. Perhaps you have a new phone that was installed from a backup of an older phone? You might need to reinstall Lightroom in that case.

Please provide LOTS of information, more than one sentence, if you’d like to get this figured out. I’d like to help, but you have to help me help you.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.I use an iPhone 8 Plus and even after pressing more it doesn't show me the Lightroom  share app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Which iOS version are you on?

thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines