• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Huawei P20 PRO HDR+RAW

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does LR Mobile say neither RAW nor HDR is compatible with my Huawei P20 Pro? It's a brand new flagship from a major brand, which shoots RAW even in its native app and obviously is powerful enough to shoot HDR too (which it does in the native camera app too). Is it only because it's newly been released? In that case, will support be added in the near future? I won't believe my phone can't handle RAW or HDR.

This is a dealbreaker for me because I'm extremely unhappy with the native camera app, but without HDR and RAW, LR's camera app is just as bad.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I asked the same question couple days ago and I will share the answer I got from the Adobe support team. I am also the owner of an Huawei P20 Pro with such an incredible camera.

First refer to my forum question on the link below:

shooting raw's in Lightroom Mobile on Android phone

than I sent a feedback to adobe, have a look on the link below:

Lightroom mobile: RAW-DNG not supported on Huawei P20 PRO | Photoshop Family Customer Community

after the feedback Adobe got in touch with me via email and they asked me first to install an (3rd) camera app and check/verify if that app supports the RAW/DNG on Huawei P20 Pro, they suggested by the way to install an "Manual Camera" app from the google playstore and you can download and install actually "Manual Camera Compatibility" and open it and it will run some tests and you will get a red markeg message that RAW shooting is not supported, so there is no need to install entire "Manual Camera" app it self as it cannot shoot RAW/DNG.

So after i made this test I replied to the Adobe support via email and then they told me following:

Hi Amel,

Actually, the native camera of any Android device i.e. the camera app pre-installed on the mobile uses a specific set of APIs which are not exposed to 3rd party apps (like Lightroom CC). Whereas the 3rd party camera apps use the exposed Camera2 APIs, which are generally not completely polished, and manufacturers very often forget to bring the parity into it. This is in-turn causing the issue on all the 3rd party camera applications on your device.

And at the end I have also tried to "bypass" this issue with an temporary workaround where I tried to shoot RAW/DNG with Huawei P20 Pro built-in camera and just simply import the image on to LR, but when I imported this RAW/DNG image and tried to open it and LR simply crashed and asked me to send the error report to Adobe which I of course did. So LR cannot open RAW/DNG files at all because it is not supported yet.

In my opinion this is something that Adobe needs to discuss with Huawei directly.

Hope that my answer answered your question.

Have a nice day ..

Best regards

Amel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It`s also not working on the Huawei Mate 10 Pro. What a shame on Huawei.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new version, you can enable HDR DNG, in the "Functions in Development"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg I'm so happy I could cry.

Never thought Huawei would get this feature. Now I love my phone  Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same reaction

My LG G4 barely pulls the processing of HDR, for each photo is spent for 5-7 minutes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

I got a P20 Pro and I was wondering where do you find the HDR DNG options? I'm on the latest version of LR mobile and has subscribed the subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As "standekumar" already mentioned before...
it`s in "Functions in Development""

So open the settings tab and click on "Functions in Development" and there you can enable HDR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your reply!

it is indeed where the problem lies: I can't find "Functions in Development" in the settings tab.

The available options are:

Account, Premium Features, Preferences, What's New, About Lightroom, Device Info & Storage, Help & Support and Technology Previews

Please refer to the screenshot below:

WeChat Image_20180628170007.jpg

WeChat Image_20180628170149.jpg

WeChat Image_20180628170146.jpg

Perhaps most likely the "Technology Previews" is the most relevant setting, however in my case, nothing is available there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the HDR function under "Technology Previews" - but I have the Mate 10 Pro.
Maybe there`s no HDR function for the P20 Pro because it`s a brand new phone.
I guess Adobe will work on this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's true, I have Huawei P20 PRO and cannot see the option "Technology Previews" in the settings..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well lets wait and hopefully adobe will get it done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a hunch about HDR support. Since the main camera module has 40 megapixels, the memory bandwidth does not allow to read such a volume of data (3 frames). Given the fact that my LG G4 has 16 megapixels and the usual DNG has a size of 30 megabytes, I'm afraid to assume what file size you have ...And three of them must be processed immediately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines