• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I didn't sign up for a trial but I have one?!

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded lightroom CC for my iPad to see if I like it as I'm still undecided whether to get lightroom for my Mac or stay with PSE. Noticed all the premium features on the app but I wanted to explore the app before deciding whether to pay the $6.99 a month to unlock them.

I then went onto the web & signed in there to play around with some photos & found my photos I was editing syncing from the Mac to the iPad, all the premium features in the iPad app were unlocked and I had somehow started a 30 day trial that I didn't even know existed. How did that happen? And will whatever I use on this trial be counted as part of the 30-day trial of Lightroom CC if I decide to try that out on my Mac?

I have no idea how this happened as I never got asked if I wanted to start a trial of anything. What do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way this could have been possible is if you have an Adobe Account and you are logged into the account, using your user name and password.

I suspect that the download of the App on the iPad and Phone activated the trial, so you might as well also include the Mac so you can sync with iPad and Phone.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm. Thanks for your reply DdeGannes-9S76PN

When I downloaded the app it was still the basic version even when I logged in. It just wouldn't let me use the pro features. As far as I can tell the pro version wasn't activated until I logged in on the web version. I wish I hadn't done that! But there was nothing that said "you will activate your trial if you log in here" and I only realised when I went back to the app and all the pro features were unlocked! 

I'm annoyed about it because I can't get the Mac version until I get my new Mac - my current OS is too old to run the latest version & I need to keep the old OS running on this Mac to run other stuff. So I was going to wait to start the trial until I got the new Mac, which probably won't be for a couple more weeks, probably more.

Do you know, is there any way to "pause" a trial? Because I really don't know which version I want & need time to work out which one will work out best for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i experienced the same thing, what happened after 30 days of trial passed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using the free version of Lightroom for mobile, and then visit our Lightroom web site, this may start a free 30-day trial that the mobile app will also see and use.  After the 30 day trial period ends, your mobile app will stop syncing new photos and edits to cloud storage but you can continue to use the Lightroom Mobile app for free just like before the trial started.  There is no obligation to buy unless you wish to sync your photos to cloud storage or use server related features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines