• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iCloud account usage for Lightroom Mobile

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling for storage space in my iCloud account, and awful lot of it - about 2GB - seems to have been taken up by backing up Lightroom CC data.

Am I right in thinking that anything in Lightroom is backed up in the Creative Cloud, and I should therefore be able to turn off iCloud backups without any noticeable effect?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

I would say you don’t need to include it in the backup as your photos are stored in the cloud and will just repopulate the app if you had to re-install. However, if you have any Albums stored locally or any photos or edits that have not synced, then you may lose these.

Therefore, I would suggest trying to reduce the size taken up by the app by trying to Clear Cache. You can do this by tapping on the Lr logo (top left) and going into Local Storage and by tapping on the three dots to the right of a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew,

I am guessing you mean when you do a full iCloud backup of your iPhone and you have found the storage total by going into iCloud/Manage Storage/Backups/iPhone ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right - I'm wondering whether it's actually a redundant backup given how Lightroom uses the Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would say you don’t need to include it in the backup as your photos are stored in the cloud and will just repopulate the app if you had to re-install. However, if you have any Albums stored locally or any photos or edits that have not synced, then you may lose these.

Therefore, I would suggest trying to reduce the size taken up by the app by trying to Clear Cache. You can do this by tapping on the Lr logo (top left) and going into Local Storage and by tapping on the three dots to the right of all Photos. Maybe try both. It’s probably best to ensure there Is no outstanding syncing.

This should just limit the photos on the device to either thumbnails of Smart Previews (unless you have any Albums Stored Locally, which you might want to check).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines