Highlighted

Images stored ON the iPad

Engaged ,
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Lightroom is running on my iPad, then the images are also stored on the iPad as well as in the cloud?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Images stored ON the iPad

Engaged ,
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Lightroom is running on my iPad, then the images are also stored on the iPad as well as in the cloud?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends if you have a subscription (either the Lightroom Mobile one or a Photography Plan).

If you do have one, then images imported into the app or taken with the app's camera will upload to the cloud automatically. The full res image will remain locally within the app until the app's cache management replaces it with a thumbnail as other more full res recent files takes its place in the local cache. 

If you are using the free app, then they won't upload to the cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big are the thumbnails? Is there anyway to tell? Perhaps I have so many photos that 6 GB is not out of line for Lightroom on iPad to consume.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2020 0