Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import photos Galaxy Tab S4 from SD Card

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I'm trying to import photos into LR Mobile directly from my camera card connected via  USBC OTG card reader. My tab has no problem recognizing the SD card and I can easily copy the images to the Tab. Unfortunately, I can't get LR Mobile to "see" the OTG SD card. It does read my expansion SD Card, which is where I have it pointed for my local storage.

This used to work on my Note 8 but I noticed that, after the last update it seemed to stop working. Since I didn't use my phone for that purpose very often I haven't bothered to trouble shoot it. But I bought the Tab to be a mobile photo studio using LRCC and hoping I don't have to go through the painful process of copying the images to a folder before importing them.

Anyone have any ideas? Is there a way to downgrade my version of LRCC to see if was a change in LRCC?

Thanks,

Don

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Don,

Have you tried testing with a different SD card?

Please try the steps mentioned here and let is know if it helps:

Can't import photos (Android) from a plugged-in camera

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

I tried with 2 different cards and 3 different card readers.

After your post, and reading the article, I tried connecting my 2 cameras rather than using a card reader. Interestingly, both worked perfectly and as documented.

I then, out of curiosity, tried one of the cards in one of my card readers. And it worked, though with a slightly different UI. With the camera it asked me for the app (I picked LR) and then it went through an import dialogue. With the card reader I tapped the import button and it gave me a dropdown of sources. I selected the card reader and it then displayed the images for import.

I then tried a different card in the same card reader and it failed. That is, it didn't give me the dropdown to select the source. Weird. So then I put the card in that had just worked and again it failed.

I put the card back in the camera and it worked perfectly.

So, I guess this is ok, doesn't work like it used to or as I would like it to, but I can get it to work.

I'm happy to provide any debugging info you guys would like if you want to get this to work.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don, 

Were you able to resolve this?   I have the same tablet and same issue.  Any update is appropriated. 

Thanks!

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don and Bob, were you able to solve this? I have the same issue with my brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab S8. LR won't recognize (see) the card reader attached via USB C, although the drive and files are visible in the OS File Manager. I have tried with different card readers, same issue. Oddly, it works perfectly on my OnePlus Nord2 as well as on my dated Lenovo tablet. Makes me think that the LR installation on my Galaxy is lacking some access privileges, or similar.

I am aware of the workaround to select and share photos from the File Manager to LR, but this is not very elegant, involves a second app, tedious browsing and no culling. 

I want a cleaner workflow. Any ideas?

Fredrik 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines