• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import to LR Mobile directly from SD card on iPad

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The directions for LR Mobile refer to the Camera Roll as the source for images.  If I have an SD card attached via the lightning connector to my iPad, what do I do to get the images from the card into LR Mobile?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

I apologize for previous post.

Please follow the tutorial: Manage collections & import photos with Lightroom on mobile | Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC tutorials

I hope this answers the question.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Today's update to version 5.1 includes Direct Import and further Export options

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Victoria, I just ready your comment that "on Android, you can copy straight into Lightroom". I'm trying to figure out a workflow for when I go away on our boat, to remote areas, with no practical access to internet for the whole time we're away (possibly two months or more), so now way to sync my photos to the cloud or to sync them with my LR Classic at home on the PC desktop. 

For practical reasons (space and charging needs), I'm wanting to leave the laptop behind and take a tablet instead, type still TBD. I have purchased a WD MyPassport Wireless Pro for storage, and it includes a built-in card reader. I was hoping to figure out how to import my photos to Lightroom on the tablet without having to have them all residing on the tablet (that would be way too many raw files for a tablet). I had assumed I could do this with an ipad but now I'm wondering if I have to go back to the drawing board.

Can I do it with an Android tablet? Or do I need to have something that runs LR Classic instead? And if the latter, could that be a Windows tablet instead of a laptop?

thanks for any help you can give me in figuring this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have a solution (ios)but requires some restrictions:

1. if you have storage on Creative Cloud and “add from camera roll” switch turned on in LR Mobile and all the photos you want imported into LR Mobile and Creative Cloud,+- an external drive), sync turned on in Creative Cloud. LR CC desktop needs to have “store an original of all photos locally“ checked.

2. Turn off iCloud pictures by unchecking  “photos“ in settings  of iCloud Drive, and it will give you the option to delete the pics in photos (and scares you with download all now and 30 days to retrieve your photos from iCloud)on your phone, which I did.

3. Make a new album (not shared album)in photos which I labelled “Camera Import-delete p import to LR complete”

4. Attach lighting adapter with camera, SD or CF card attached ( I got the multiple lightning adapter at Amazon which has SD, CF, Mini SD and USB 3.0 for $34)and import photos to the new camera import album in photos.

5. photos will auto add to LR Mobile (creative cloud and LR Cc desktop eventually)from the camera roll(which had been empty)

6. When 5 is complete, open photos, go to “Camera Import-delete...” album and hit select and delete all(May be able delete “recent import”) It does take up twice the memory on your phone temporarily but frees it up relatively quickly.

7. Use only the LR Camera to take pics from the phone unless you want iPhone pics in LR also. Leave iCloud for photos off, or turn off iCloud altogether if you don’t want to use. Can leave photos app on phone empty (after deletion following import to LR) Or not since you know which album has the photos you want to delete. I wanted to get rid of my iCloud storage fee. I use the Adobe Photography plan w 1TB. I still use Lr Classic for a few things

This works for me but I have a lot of storage capacity on my IPhone, so I can import several 64GB CF cards on the go(camping hiking etc with the option to work on them), then  I go back and delete the pics from the photos import album to free up storage on the phone for more imports. My photos are ready on my MacBook Pro when I get back to my computer if WiFi is available there. I have a Canon 5D MK IV with 30 mb stills. Hope this helps and is not a duplication. Apple does not make this easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With PhotoFast's (expensive) Cardreader and PhotoFast's Camera Roll+ app you can browse Sd cards, select pictures and share them with (= import to) LRmobile.

Why FotoFast can bypass APPLES cameraroll and ADOBE not ?

-Oryk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today's update to version 5.1 includes Direct Import and further Export options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having issues, trying to transfer files from NIKON D750 to iPad. I am using a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter, Shooting in RAW+JPEG, Lightroom CC clearly acknowledges the camera but the import dialog says "No Images on SD card".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Mobile 5.2.2 was released last week -- please try this update 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this same feature coming to Premiere Rush by chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines