Highlighted

Import using SD card adaptor

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if you can import photos directly from an SD card into Lightroom CC on the new 2018 iPad? I have an adapter that allows me to connect an SD card to my 2018 iPad, but it only launches Photos app. When I go onto Lightroom CC I cannot see any way to import from anything other than the usual photos apps.

Just looking for a way to be able to import directly from my SD card into Lightroom CC and use the cloud storage with that account rather than uploading hundreds to my Apple cloud into light room and then having to go through and delete them all to save space...

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Michael J. Hoffman | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Kipp,

Because of iOS limitations, you have to import from the SD card into Photos, then from Photos to Lightroom. Until and unless Apple opens the SD card access to third party apps, there’s no other option.

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Import using SD card adaptor

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if you can import photos directly from an SD card into Lightroom CC on the new 2018 iPad? I have an adapter that allows me to connect an SD card to my 2018 iPad, but it only launches Photos app. When I go onto Lightroom CC I cannot see any way to import from anything other than the usual photos apps.

Just looking for a way to be able to import directly from my SD card into Lightroom CC and use the cloud storage with that account rather than uploading hundreds to my Apple cloud into light room and then having to go through and delete them all to save space...

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Michael J. Hoffman | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Kipp,

Because of iOS limitations, you have to import from the SD card into Photos, then from Photos to Lightroom. Until and unless Apple opens the SD card access to third party apps, there’s no other option.

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 13, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kipp,

Mike

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2019 0