• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing CF card RAW files

New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a solution to import RAW files from a CF card direct into LR on an IPad Pro ?

Seems so far Still a computer as “in between” is needed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the IPad does have an USB prot you can try to connect a card reader. If there's no USB port you have no chance.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Apple Lightning to USB cable?

Power & Cables - iPad Accessories - Apple

IOW, you leave the card in the camera and connect from camera USB to iPad via the iPad's Lightning port.

It's hit-and-miss (more miss) using 3rd party devices (especially with Lightning) or trying to get CF readers to work with these devices.

PS Any reason for using CF cards? SD cards are much easier to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx for some answers.

Yes indeed, it’s a try and error story.

The Ipad though has the possibility to download with a SD to lightning cable. So why not a CF to lightning cable ?

The camera (Nikon newest D5) has 2 CF slots and while travelling it would be quite nice if photos could be downloaded without the necessity of carrying a laptop too.

Still look forward for for any solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity:

The D5 comes in two options: dual CF or dual XQD slots. Any reason for choosing dual CF? I would go for dual XQD for speed and future proofing alone.

According to online forums, the CF slot can be swapped out for an XQD for $350.

Great camera though!!

"So why not a CF to lightning cable ?"

I've never seen accessory makers offer many accessories for CF. Possibly because it's older tech with a limited future (based on my online reading). A CF-Lightning cable doesn't strike me as something Apple would embrace - very clunky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share your view.

At the time ( introduction over a year ago) XQD wasn't available and didn't wanna switch to XQD.

Now with lots of new technology just wanna look for a possibility not to walk around with too many supporting gear.

Seems iOS support is more concentrated on mass usage.

Just trying out how to get around it.

There was an adaptor from iphone5mod but can't be found anymore, not even sure if hasn't company still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I read that someone suggested a Lightning to USB 3 connected to a USB 3 to CF Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried it like that with 2 card readers but the IPad reports it doesn’t support the connected items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines