• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In-app. back camera and iPad Pro 3rd gen & flash

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have Lightroom on a new iPad Pro. When trying to take a photo using the flash feature in dng format only, the flash option is greyed out and unusable.

As Lightroom works perfectly well on my iPhone SE for the same purpose, I cannot see why it is not possible with The iPad. The camera is identical to that on the latest iPhone XR and has full flash capability for both jpeg and dng format.

Doe the Adobe Lightroom app. Not support dng. On the iPad OR is there a different problem?

Does anyone else use Lightroom with a similar iPad and do you have a similar problem, please?

[Title amended by moderator to add context]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My iPad Pro is about 18 months old (2nd gen) but is working OK. It’s necessary to choose professional mode after activating the in-app camera in order to shoot DNG. The flash works OK but I usually switch from "auto" to "on" to ensure it always fires. To be honest I get pretty good results just using the built-in camera and shooting HEIC. Compared with DNG the HEIC files are much smaller and retain the full resolution. I guess there could be a compatibility issue with the 3rd gen iPads. Have you downloaded the latest 4.3 update of Lightroom from the app store?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I have the latest version of Lightroom cc. Also, I have used the “professional” mode as you suggested but, again, the in-app camera will only work with the iPad flash in jpeg mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that other customers feel the behaviour is not as expected and Adobe is aware and working on it. I would suggest you follow the feedback thread which is seen by Adobe engineers. Add your vote and comments and bookmark the thread to check for updates.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/no-flash-available-while-shooting-dng-on-ipho...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I will keep track of their progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Apple releases new hardware, sometimes features break and we need to make fixes or work with Apple to resolve problems. This is one of those situations.  We are tracking the issue.  In the meantime, the workaround is to capture JPG if you wish to use the camera flash on affected devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your update. However, this “issue” appears to be outstanding for some time on the iPhone XS and still unresolved. Am I the first to find this problem on the iPad Pro (3rd gen.)?

Also, whilst it is possible to use the jpeg file format temporarily, it is not an acceptable solution for long when iPad users, like myself, have invested in hardware and Adobe licenced products to be able to use one platform for capturing and manipulating raw images.

Please can you advise when a solution may be forthcoming? It is more disappointing that I can purchase a free Apple camera app. (Halide) which can happily provide the flash function across my apple devices using the dng file format.

I am a great fan of the Adobe family of products and have been for many years. Please, Adobe, sort out this problem with Apple as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines