• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IOS adding a new Adjustment Brush not working like Radial Filter or Graduated Filter

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using LR Mobile 5.3.1.53 B120.  I have an iPad Air with 128GB with around 50G free.  Around 3 weeks ago I  changed from the Creative Cloud Photography 20GB plan to the Creative Cloud Photography 1TB plan.

In the last 48 hours I noticed that creating a new Adjustment Brush has stopped working - it is as if it brings about almost no change.  I have carried out the following tests on both RAW and JPG images

1. On a photo taken at night
    1. I can add a graduated filter, see a very bright pink/red area showing me the area that will change and I can then turn the black sky into white by increasing exposure etc
    2. I can add a radial filter, see a very bright pink/red  circular area showing me the area that will change and I can then create a white circle in the night skyby increasing exposure etc
    3. I can add an Adjustment Brush, and all I ever see is a blue diamond.  No bright pink/red area is painted under my moving finger, I think there is a very vague hint of pink, the dark sky does seem to lighten ever so slightly, but it is about 1% of what it used to do 
  2. On an overexposed photo
    1. I can add a graduated filter, see a very bright pink area showing me the area that will change and I can then turn the white sky into black/very dark grey by decreasing exposure etc
    2. I can add a radial filter, see a very bright pink circular area showing me the area that will change and I can then create a very dark circle in the overexposed sky by decreasing exposure etc
    3. I can add an Adjustment Brush, and all I ever see is a blue diamond.  No bright pink area is painted under my moving finger, I think there may be very vague hint of pink, the white sky does darken ever so slightly but nothing like it used to

2 days ago I edited a photo with multiple Adjustment Brushes - the photo was taken on a very sunny day with deep shade under trees.  These brushes worked exactly as I have always known them to work.  That is if I am careful I can change the light in different areas and produce a nice balanced photo.  And of course if I  drag any of the light controls to their extremes I'll get a white-out or a black-out.  

As a final test I went back to this photo imported and edited 72 hours ago on the same iPad

1. I can select each of the adjustment brushes I added 72 hours ago, I will see no pink to show the area that the brush will work on (yes the option to the highlight is turned on) and 
  2. I can adjust the lightness/darkness/colour etc as I was always able to
  3. If I add a new Adjustment brush, then nothing happens - no pink area, no appreciable lightening/darkening no matter how large the adjustments I make

I have closed the app and restarted it, I powered down my iPad and restarted it.  It makes no difference to the above behaviours.

Does anyone from Adobe who monitors these posts have any ideas what is going on? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the above post. It was due to user error. It turns out that my flow / density control was set to almost minimal for this brush, so all new brushes added had almost zero effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you found the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines