• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[iOS] No import previews shown for Fuji .RAF files

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of a couple of weeks ago, Lightroom for iOS no longer shows preview thumbnails for Fuji .RAF files. I'm on iOS 13.4.x, using Lightroom 5.2.4.

I've tried a few different scenarios, and have found that:

• No previews are shown during import for .RAF files from X-Pro 3 or XT-2

• No difference between importing uncompressed and lossless-compressed .RAF

• No difference between importing directly from SD card vs importing from iOS Photo Library

• Importing JPGs does show preview thumbnails

• Importing Canon RAW files does show preview thumbnails

Has anyone else had trouble with this workflow recently?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

In its import screen, Lightroom can show thumbnails for any image that the platform itself can show.  In other words, if iOS Photos app can display thumbs for your images, then Lightroom should also be able to.  Otherwise, the images need to be imported into Lightroom and processed to generate thumbnails and renditions that can be displayed.  I understand that this hinders selecting specific images for import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh interesting. I didn't realize that LR uses the OS' RAW decoding for previews. This workflow worked fine for me until very recently. In fact, Lightroom used to show previews of both uncompressed *and* compressed RAF files, the latter of which iOS does not. Did something change recently that you know about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The ability to directly import from camera cards is somewhat new.  However,  I think Lightroom iOS's ability to render image thumbs in the direct import screen works the same as when importing from the camera roll, and I am not aware of any change.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines