Highlighted

iPad Photos Not Displaying Camera RAW import previews

Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have a problem with. Mi iPad Pro 11 inches is not displaying raw files  previews when i connect the usb card.. I cleaned the cache and the problem persist. Could you help me please?78AEB33F-9014-4C55-B5FE-925047F2D424.png

Hi,

this might sound strange to try out but, do you see any difference with iOS 13.4?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Topics

How to, iOS, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

iPad Photos Not Displaying Camera RAW import previews

Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have a problem with. Mi iPad Pro 11 inches is not displaying raw files  previews when i connect the usb card.. I cleaned the cache and the problem persist. Could you help me please?78AEB33F-9014-4C55-B5FE-925047F2D424.png

Hi,

this might sound strange to try out but, do you see any difference with iOS 13.4?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Topics

How to, iOS, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which EOS are you using and what kind of files are you trying to import?
Which iOS version are you on?
Are you using a USB card reader or a cable to the camera?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ignacio  for help me ! I use Canon EOS RP and the Software version 13.3.1 and USB cable Reader. The files are  CR3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ignacio  for help me ! I use Canon EOS RP and the Software version 13.3.1 and USB cable Reader. The files are  CR3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please let us know how it behaves in 5.2.1?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I made de update to 5.2.1 and don't read the.files CR3 canon RP yet. What do i have to do 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too!  I am using Lightroom 5.2.1 and connecting my Nikon to either my iPhone or iPad.  It loads the photos but does NOT show the thumbnails.  I am connecting a cable to the camera

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. Could you please update Lightroom mobile to 5.2.2 version and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Not sure about OP, but I'm on 5.2.2 now, and Fuji X RAF files are atleast not being previewed under direct import. Should I create a separate conversation about this issue? Or do you have any tips?

- Alex

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the iOS Photos app able to display thumbs for your images in its own import screen?  

If you proceed to import the images into Lightroom, do the images then appear OK?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOPE!  They do not show up AT ALL 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 'Rennie58'

My last question above was directed towards another user.

Our recent app updated version 5.2.2 did include a fix allowing Nikon files to import more smoothly.  Can you confirm you've tried this latest app update?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet - I have been up to my ears dealing with the current pandemic BUT I will try it --- might be a nice diversion

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again.

There are no previews in the Photos app either. I can confirm however that the images are ok after import into Lightroom. I would just like to be able to do the initial screening of photos before importing all of them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope - The update did not fix the thing. It uploads photos with no images so I can't see which photos I want to pick to download the phone so I can work with them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks,
Ignacio

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!  That did the trick

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

No change for me. It still only says it's a RAW file with a camera icon where the preview should've been.

- Alex

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mockillo, if Apple native apps on your device (like the Photos app) can display your images' thumbnails, then Lightroom should be able to also.  Since the platform doesn't seem capable of displaying your images, Lightroom's importer screen won't be able to either.  Only after LR imports the images can we then render our own thumbs for you to see.  I understand this doesn't help you see/choose specific images before importing.  

I am guessing that you might be using Fujifilm's lossless compressed image capture setting, and not the uncompressed option.  I found samples of each kind of RAF, and confirmed that iOS (and Mac OS) cannot easily display the lossless compressed RAF.  I also confirmed iOS Photos and also Lightroom's import screen can display uncompressed RAFs display fine.  If seeing/selecting images *before* you import them into Lightroom is critical to your workflow, the only thing I can recommend is to shoot uncompressed RAF images.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines