Highlighted

IPAD PRO 2018 IPAD OS 13 and Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have several questions.

I want to work with photos on my IPAD PRO. I have external ssd drive, but I can`t work with files from my ssd, I need to copy all to my IPAD. How can I use files from ssd disk? The second thing, that when I copied all files to my IPAD and try to import all files to lightroom chose import from the folder and it import only by one photo (((((((

How can I import 2000 photos one by one it`s crazy... (((   I try to choose all files push open but nothing happens, only when I chose one by one.

And one more. How can I change name of the files? I want to export jpg from lightroom with another name. But I can`t do this.  I want to make all work on my Ipad, but now I need to use desktop and IPAD. (((

Who can help to resolve my problems?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have several questions.

I want to work with photos on my IPAD PRO. I have external ssd drive, but I can`t work with files from my ssd, I need to copy all to my IPAD. How can I use files from ssd disk? The second thing, that when I copied all files to my IPAD and try to import all files to lightroom chose import from the folder and it import only by one photo (((((((

How can I import 2000 photos one by one it`s crazy... (((   I try to choose all files push open but nothing happens, only when I chose one by one.

And one more. How can I change name of the files? I want to export jpg from lightroom with another name. But I can`t do this.  I want to make all work on my Ipad, but now I need to use desktop and IPAD. (((

Who can help to resolve my problems?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 04, 2019 2
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a pain point for me. i can only import one photo at a time

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same problem(((((( if you have 2000 or 3000 files.... you will import them several years((((

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems you can import multiple files at a time from a card reader (don't know about ssd) into the iPad Photos app, and a second step of importing from Photos into Lightroom is needed. Based on what I can gather, this is the old way (ie, pre Ipad IOS).  I am guessing the ability to import multiple photos at a time from Files is not  implemented yet, and I hope that will improve soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed IPAD IOS 13 BETA 3 and now you can add multiple photos from Files. They have fixed it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue for me even with beta 3, are you importing raw files or jpegs? I am trying to import ARW

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you format the SD card in the Sony camera it creates a volume without a name.  My Mac can deal with this but it apparently causes problems for the iPad iOS  files app or photos app and it won’t properly recognize it.  Conversely my Nikon creates a volume name based on the model of camera.  So No problem with cards from that camera. 

So until the iPad iOS files app can deal with an unamed volume,  a work around is to format the sd card in the Sony, pop it in a computer to name it, the put it back in the camera for normal use.   Then importing works.   

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Monday, July 8, 2019, 3:35 AM, NourDT <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote

created by NourDT in Lightroom for mobile & Apple TV - View the full discussion

Still an issue for me even with beta 3, are you importing raw files or jpegs? I am trying to import ARW

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/11156020#11156020 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/11156020#11156020

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Lightroom for mobile & Apple TV by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the most recent public beta update has fixed the ability for the iPad iOS files app to see and access a Sony camera formatted card. iPad iOS calls it “No Name”.    The photos app can now import from a Sony camera formatted card also.

Lightroom can import these files once they are imported to the iPad as files or from the photos app.  So looking good!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a different experience with beta 3 and beta 4.

Here's my process:

-Attach card reader to UBS-C port, insert SD card

-Open Files.app and browser to the SD Card

-Select the photos you want to import into LR

-Select "Share" in the lower left corner of the Files.app

At this point, you should be able to select Lightroom. However, the LR option ONLY appears if the number of files is 10 or fewer. More than 10 files and the Lightroom icon does not appear. With this process, no more than 10 images can be imported into LR at a time.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Has anyone found a workaround? And yes, I have reported this to Apple.

Thanks for your feedback.

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on iPadOS 13.1 on a iPad Pro 12.9" Gen 3. I have the same issue as Boomer_M3 - as soon as I select more than 10 RAW files to import, the Lightroom icon disappears from the Share window. I'll usually have 200 to 1500 RAWs to import. I suspect this is an arbitrary configuration limitation that the Lightroom Mobile team can fix. As a software engineer, I'm staggered that Apple added the ability to browse SD cards to iPadOS specifically for to remedy clumsy import-to-Apple-Photos-first-then-import-to-Lightroom-from-the-camera-roll workflow, and the Lightroom team seems to have dropped the ball. This was the number 1 feature I was looking forward to in iPadOS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try importing from the Lightroom app, not sharing from the Files app.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom app does not show files or my ssd or sd

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2019 2
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael. Lightroom does not show the SD card - same as Schchag

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding the same thing. Running iPadOS 13.1.3 and the latest version of Lightroom in my iPad Pro 12.9 2018. Importing from Files I can only select a maximum of 10 images to import into Lightroom from an external HD. Extremely frustrating as I really want to use this as a mobile workflow option. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2019 0