iPad Pro (3rd Gen) connected to USB-C 4K UHD display: what should I see in LR?

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem: I'm only seeing "mirrored" with Lightroom CC on a 11" Apple iPad Pro (3rd Generation) connected to a LG 4k UHD display via direct USB-C connection.

I was under the impression that Lightroom CC on iPad Pro connected to a 4k usb-c display has a special optimized interface that shows a full-screen image preview on the usb-c display while you edit the image on the iPad Pro. Now that I've tested it out, all I'm getting is a mirrored iPad display on my 4K UHD usb-c display. I've checked the iPad Pro display settings and it shows a "LG UHD display". I've tried out other apps like Apple iMovie and Amazon Prime Video, which both display an optimized external usb-c display interface (play full screen video on the external monitor, with different controls/functions on the iPad Pro).

I've read a number of articles that say that Lightroom was optimized to show a chromeless preview of the image being edited. Was this pulled? Is there something off with my setup? I really want this to work...it's how I would edit on my older setup with the Macbook.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

iPad Pro (3rd Gen) connected to USB-C 4K UHD display: what should I see in LR?

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem: I'm only seeing "mirrored" with Lightroom CC on a 11" Apple iPad Pro (3rd Generation) connected to a LG 4k UHD display via direct USB-C connection.

I was under the impression that Lightroom CC on iPad Pro connected to a 4k usb-c display has a special optimized interface that shows a full-screen image preview on the usb-c display while you edit the image on the iPad Pro. Now that I've tested it out, all I'm getting is a mirrored iPad display on my 4K UHD usb-c display. I've checked the iPad Pro display settings and it shows a "LG UHD display". I've tried out other apps like Apple iMovie and Amazon Prime Video, which both display an optimized external usb-c display interface (play full screen video on the external monitor, with different controls/functions on the iPad Pro).

I've read a number of articles that say that Lightroom was optimized to show a chromeless preview of the image being edited. Was this pulled? Is there something off with my setup? I really want this to work...it's how I would edit on my older setup with the Macbook.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 16, 2019 0
selondon LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't read anything about this (unfortunately don't have an iPad Pro ), but you may be able to get some information at the following forum that's monitored by Adobe engineers:

Lightroom Mobile | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2019 1