• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone 7 Plus Lightroom Mobile edit in PC Photoshop?

Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife and I have Creative cloud Subscriptions.  We use Photoshop and do not install Lightroom and have no desire to install Lightroom on our PC.  My wife just got a cell Phone an iPhone 7 Plus.  Lightroom Mobile has a Camera feature that will create Camera RAW DNG files.    Can she use Lighrroom Mobile and it Camera to shoot RAW  DNG files and edit the DNG file in Photoshop on her PC  which does not have Lightroom installed.    Can Photoshop get at the DNG Files that Lightroom mobile snyc to her Adobe cloud account?  Or  does she need to install a IOS camera app like ProCamera on her phone shoot raw and fine some app to transfer the dng files to her PC?

JJMack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not directly but if you log into http://lightroom.adobe.com/ you can download to your PC from there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

selondon  wrote

Not directly but if you log into http://lightroom.adobe.com/ you can download to your PC from there

I just installed LR mobile on my iPod touch.  I see when you log in at lightroom.adobe.com you can see the pictures synced to the cloud there is no easy way to transfer  or access these on your PC.

However,  in LR Mobile I see I can copy the images to the iPod's camera Roll and connect the iPod to my workstation via USB and access the camera roll. 

IMO it would be nice to have an option the would automatically store image in the Camera Roll on IOS devices.  Or LR mobile offer network wireless access to its images.  lightroom.adobe.com access is not a workable solution.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I mean log into http://lightroom.adobe.com/ on your PC's browser, not a mobile device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is what I did. There is no easy way the download all the image to one PC from Adobe Cloud in a timely way from the browser interface from lightroom.adobe.com.  IMO there is no need to even sync LR Mobile on phone to Adob's cloud. I do not need my images in the cloud I need them on my Workstation.  If the iPhone LR Camers stored its raw files in the Phone's Camera roll I could access then on my workstation directly. Not have to copy them from LR Mobile to the phone's camera roll, use twice the space on the phone then required.   It look like I will be able to use a third party IOS Camera App instead of using LR Camera to shoot RAW image in the phone's camera Roll so it looks like there is no need install LR mobile on her Phone.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to install and IOS camera app like ProCamera or Camera+.  Don't use LR Mobile.  Adobe has locked it up too much in an attempt to force users into their LR CC  sync environment.  It's very frustrating when you combine that with Apple's restrictive environment.  You can't find those dng files anywhere  There are other terrific camera apps in the app store that will allow you to do what you want to do.  Camera+ will save photos as both jpg and dng.  Both ProCamera and Camera+ are every bit as capable as LR Mobile.  You can easily find your dng images when you connect your iphone to your pc.  Then just drag them into the pc folder you want to use and open them with PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines