• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IPhone Storage “Optimize Photos”

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I enable “Optimize Photos” on my iPhone to save storage space, that means low resolution photos are stored on my phone but high resolution originals are stored in iCloud. What does this mean for my Lightroom CC app? Will it store low resolution photos in the Adobe cloud instead of high resolution originals because only low res versions are on the device?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It depends on whether the image is imported before the “optimization” occurs. When you import to LR, it will get whatever is physically on your phone at that time. If you still have full res images that haven’t been swapped out, you’ll get the in LR, but otherwise you could get the low res versions.

You can possibly avoid this by immediately importing to LR; otherwise you’d need to use LR’s camera to ensure you’re getting a full res image.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines