• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone X - Enable DNG instead of JPG for Photography

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed in the *new* Adobe Lightroom CC (mobile version)  it appears that the Lightroom will automatically import photos taken with the camera app (not with Lightroom camera app) ... however all of these shots are JPG not DNG. Oddly, if I use the camera option within Lightroom on my iPhone I do see the toggle for JPG/DNG.

So .. two things.. is there a way to turn off the auto import of images taken with the native iPhone camera app OR is there a way to have Lightroom import only DNG not JPG when it does auto import. I'm going to take a stab and say you cannot but thought I'd throw it out there..

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 10.36.59 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

AFAIK, the default camera app doesn't shoot DNG, only JPEG or HEIF, so there is no DNG for LR to import. DNG capture is left to third party cameras. Things may have changed, but a quick Google seems to suggest it's still true.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, the default camera app doesn't shoot DNG, only JPEG or HEIF, so there is no DNG for LR to import. DNG capture is left to third party cameras. Things may have changed, but a quick Google seems to suggest it's still true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, and yes you can turn off auto import by tapping the LR icon top left > General > Auto Add Photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines