• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Adobe ever going to enable LR mobile to open lrcat files?

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried to google this a bunch of times with limited success, but their seems to be alot of people woundering the samething.

Is Adobe ever going to let Lightroom Mobile open the Desktop Lrcat files on at least iPads?

I think this could be a real gamechanger for us Photographers wanting to move more towards carrying a iPad instead of a Laptop around on trips and onsite for photoshoots.

Especially now whit iPad OS 13 around the corner and externaldrive support is comming. To be able to use the Lrcat that is located on an external drive import photos to that edit some a bit and then just plugin the drive in to the big computer back home to continue the edits would be so awesome and skip the step of waiting for all the photos to upload to the cloud and then back down to your computer.

Has anyone heard how Adobe stands to this feature and if the sway to not implement it what was their reason?

Kind regards

Patrik Blom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrik,

OS13 does open up many opportunities.

The best place to post an Idea (feature request) is here: Lightroom Mobile | Photoshop Family Customer Community

That forum is monitored by engineers and the development team, although some requests have many votes but have not been implemented, so it’s no guarantee.

I’m sure they will appreciate the feedback. I think if ever implemented though, it would be a way off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it still not possible? I'm an editor.I would like to open catalogs sent by photographers and edit directly on tablet and save the catalog to resend, without going through the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr mobile opening lrcat files? Not now and very likely not ever!

I suggest you ask the photographers to 'Share' the files with you via their Adobe Cloud Account. That way you'll have full access to their files on your mobile device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not realistic though

Oh well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also Collaborative Editing.  You might like to read-

https://lightroomkillertips.com/a-closer-look-at-the-new-collaborative-editing-feature-in-lightroom/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

I'll read more in depth later, bit it seems we can share collections of smart previews. That would solve it.

It's particularly heavy when we're are editing big events or weddings.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines