• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to open a catalog on an external hdd in Lightroom mobile on iPad pro 2020?

New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am considering a purchase of the ipad pro 2020 with the intention of replacing my macbook pro on my travels. I save my catalogs  (lightroom PC) and photos on an external hard drive. Since I usually move a lot of GB so I can't use the cloud.

Is Lightroom for ipad ready to open a catalog from an external hard drive?
Will I be able to import the photos from an SD to the external hard drive (just like I do on the pc)?

regards,

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

With Lightroom on the iPad, the images are automatically synced with the cloud storage if sync is enabled as it is designed as a multi-platform application. It has not been designed to store a catalog on an external drive like Lightroom Classic. 

For general queries related to Lightroom mobile, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/mobile-apps/help/lightroom-mobile-faq.html#lightroom_mobile

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines