• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a quick way to remove orphan pictures from "All sync photos"?

Participant ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

When I remove a picture from a collection in LR mobile, the photo always stays in the "Lightroom photos" collection ("All synced photographs" collection on LR desktop").

In the end, I get a lot of "orphan" pictures in "Lightroom Photos" that stay synced and that's not what I want (I want a photo to be in LR mobile only if it is in a synced collection).

I wondered if there was a way to quickly select all these orphan pictures in the "All sync photographs" collection.

Maybe with a smart collection?

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Hi Soji,

When you say, you delete your photos, you would be doing it from a collection. This does not remove the image from your catalog ( All the images imported on to the account from Mobile). Deleting from collection will only remove from the collection and hence you can see those photos under "Lightroom Photos" folder. ( you can also read the confirmation message which comes, when you remove  a photo from a collection to understand further).

Also, from mobile, there all the collections are syn

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Soji,

When you say, you delete your photos, you would be doing it from a collection. This does not remove the image from your catalog ( All the images imported on to the account from Mobile). Deleting from collection will only remove from the collection and hence you can see those photos under "Lightroom Photos" folder. ( you can also read the confirmation message which comes, when you remove  a photo from a collection to understand further).

Also, from mobile, there all the collections are synced.

So, when you want to remove any photo from your account, you should go to "Lightroom Photos" folder ( on the top in the collections view) and remove the photos. This will remove it from the account all together ( i.e. from the Lightroom Photos and from the collection it was in).

Now if you want to remove all the "Orphan" photographs, this can either be done manually browsing the photos and removing the unwanted ones. else, If you have the account synced to your desktop, you can do it from there.

Hope this answers. Happy Editing and organizing!

Swarnima

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't use the "Lightroom Photos" collection. There are too many pictures in it.

If there was a way to disable this collection, I would disable it...

If can't do my selection in this collection, it has to be done in the other smaller synced collection I've made specifically to make my selection (where I put similar pictures to know which ones I want to publish eventually).

If I am in a synced collection, there seems to be no way to really remove a picture from LR mobile (I can only remove it from the collection).

And if I go in "Lightroom Photos", it's quite hard  for me to tell which are the unwanted ones...

I think the only way is to use the "reject" marker in the collection, and then go in the "lightroom photos" collection and to remove all the rejected ones.

However, this is dangerous because I use the "reject" marker to know the pictures I want to physically delete. In this case, I want to keep the picture, I just don't want to have this pictures synced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way of working I found is this one:

- in the collection I mark the images as "unmarked"

- then, I go into "Lightroom photos" and remove the photos from Lightroom mobile

- then, on my computer, I select all these photos and mark them again as "picked"

It's quite complicated and not very satisfying but this works.

It's like a lot of things with Lightroom Mobile: it could be really fantatstic with some little adjustments, but it's juste nice with some very frustrating limitations)

(some of the limitations: the way to select pictures is quite complicated (compared to google photos for example) - you can't choose collection to be synced on each device - the calibration profiles are incorreclty handled, etc...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Soji,

I understand the limitation. Lightroom team is continuously trying improve usability.

Thanks,

Swarnima

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines