• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with large import into LR

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to import my iPhone camera roll into LR to eventually sync back to LR Classic.  I've installed LR on the iPhone, have setup auto import and the required permissions to access the camera roll with no issues.  I can import individual photos from my latest to earliest photo without any issues but when I try select all to import the total camera roll, LR gives me no error messages but doesn't do anything.  I've around 17k photos in my camera roll so is this a size issue or am I missing something obvious?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much space do you have on your iPhone?

The import causes the LR app to get bigger after initial import, and the photos are both in the app and in the Camera Roll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ive got the free space on my iPhone.  It's as if the app isn't geared towards large imports.  I'm comfortable that I've got new photos syncing correcting so think I'll change tack and look to migrate my archive directly into LR Classic and skip LR completely.   New photos can then import normally.

I've raised this with Adobe support anyhow, will see what they come back with.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a large number, but it should still work.  Please try the following:

- for any lengthy process, plug your phone into power -- this will allow Lightroom to stay open and keep working

- let any current import process finish, and let those photos sync

- try a fresh import of everything in your camera roll.  Let the app stay open, and you should see some activity before too long. 

If you still do not see progress, does a fresh install of the app help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines