• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with saving a whole album locally

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now Lightroom mobile seems to be unusable for me to sort out pictures.

All I want to do is, flipping through the pictures of an album to rate/ sort out pictures. To avoid loading time I want to save the whole album locally onto the tablet before flipping through the photos.

But: Lightroom mobile does not finish syncing big albums with ~4k pictures onto my tablet. If I check "save locally" - the syncing starts but gets stuck with several hundreds pics left.

When I open the Album: I can see the synced preview pictures along with gray/ black pictures in between. If I click on one of the black pictures, the picture takes several seconds to load.  After moving to the next picture and back -  the picture has to be loaded again! In the overview these gray pictures stay black, even if  opened manually.

So these gray pictures are not saved locally at all.

I can rule out problems with my internet connection.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sebastian,

Do you have enough space on your Tablet to save down approx. 4,000 photos to it from the Cloud?

It will try to download all the full res files unless you have 'Only Download Smart Previews' checked in Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. LR is currently only using 8GB. 40GB are still empty. And yes, I want to have the full responsibility file on the tablet.

I can't find the option you mentioned maybe because

I am using LR on an Amazon fire HD10 tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite sure of the Amazon interface, either in the main screen tap the cog icon or if there is an ellipsis top right, tap that. Select Settings from the drop down list and then Cloud Storage and Sync. The Smart Preview setting is in there to choose between Originals and JPEG.

To help others maybe work out the issue, what format are the photos and how did they get into the Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my main archive is stored locally in LR Classic. The catalogue file is ~ 800 MB and the photo Folder 1TB. But that is all in LR classic on my PC.

I added 17k photos from 2017 and 14k Photos from 2018 to several albums under collections ( each month into one album) and synced that to LR CC. Although those photos are raw files on my PC, my understanding is, that only smart previews are getting synced into the LR CC cloud.

So the 24k photo count should be the amount of pictures in the LR Cc account. They are  raw files on my PC, but I don't think they are raw files in the cloud. Since saving the album 2018-05 (4k Photos) locally takes only 12gb space on my tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot recall if there is a limit to photos per Album that may be causing this, doubt it.

If you are still having problems, I'd advise to post here also: Lightroom CC for Mobile devices | Photoshop Family Customer Community

(it's monitored by Adobe engineers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines