• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lack of color profile on export

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem and am hoping that someone here can help me out. I've been a snapseed user on Android but a PS user on desktop. I recently started trying out the Adobe mobile options for when I'm on the go and they were working great until yesterday. I exported a batch of photos that were processed from NEF file converted to DNG (trying out the free version) and everything came out great. I was the comparing results with the same files in snapseed, LR, and PS express. After doing this, both snapseed and LR will not export a color profile with the images. The output file extensions has changed from .jpg to .jpeg. The dpi has also changed from 300 to 72. Not sure why this is and why it is with both LR and snapseed but I've never had an issue like this before. I wish there was an option in these apps to set all these parameters. Again, this issue is on the same files but I have tried it on other RAW files and the result is the same now. Editing JPEGs on snapseed leaves the color profile but LR still removes it after export. I've reinstalled both apps a few time. I've tried older versions of LR and it is all the same now.

So my questions are, anyone have any ideas what to do here? Any ideas how to fix it? It is just strange that it happened with both of those apps but not PS express. Also strange that it was working fine until I started really comparing them and there were no updates to anything. I'm wondering if there is a setting somewhere in android that would affect this. I'm all ears at this point. It is not worth it to me if I still have to go back to PS to assign a profile after the fact so I am hoping someone can help me out here.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

You're welcome, Brandon. Since you're not getting more input here regarding what is differing from one batch to another (and I have nothing to contribute on it), I would suggest posting on Adobe's bug/feedback site - Adobe staff does participate there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately exporting from mobile is very limited - there are no settings to be set other than metadata options and watermarking.  For what it's worth, a PPI of 72 vs. 300 makes no difference ​ other than saving you from having to type in print PPI if you're printing from Photoshop - it doesn't affect file size or quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laura,

Thanks for the reply and the info. I recognize the ppi issue. My comment was just to show that on one batch of exports, the file metadata showed one thing and then upon export of the exact same files at a later time, the metadata changed. Regardless, these issues I mention can be corrected on the desktop but it would be nice to not have to. I'm also unsure of why it changed from one batch to the other. It was like something changed in the OS to influence both Snapseed and LR. I do hope at some point, there are some options added to the export process. Selecting a color profile would be great in my opinion. Photoshop Express adds a color profile on these same files. I would imagine that the processing engine is the same so it would seem just a small matter of adjusting the coding to include a color profile tag. I could be wrong though as I am not a programmer by any means. Again, I appreciate your comments and insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, Brandon. Since you're not getting more input here regarding what is differing from one batch to another (and I have nothing to contribute on it), I would suggest posting on Adobe's bug/feedback site - Adobe staff does participate there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds good. I'll post something over there and see what they come up with. Thanks again for your insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines