• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laptop to Desktop sync

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run Lightroom Desktop on my iMac and on my MacBook Pro. I don't have an iPad. I sync the catalog from my iMac to my phone via CC and Lightroom Mobile. I want to import pix into my MacBook Pro's Lightroom Desktop when I travel and sync them to Lightroom Desktop on my iMac but I don't want to wait till I get home to import the MacBook Pro catalog into the iMac catalog. I would like to edit on the road and already have the edits in my iMac catalog when i get home. I don't see that there's a Lightroom Mobile app for MacBook Pro. Please don't tell me to export the pix to Photos and back to Lightroom or to buy an iPad. Is there any other way to have the iMac and the MacBook Pro sync to the same CC catalog?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

You can address this several ways:

1. Have your main catalog, along with your images, on a removable drive. Run this from the Macbook when traveling. Then connect it to the iMac when home.  (difficulty level: easy)

2. Have a separate small catalog on the MacBook. Then when you get back, use File > Import as Catalog to bring all your work into your iMac (difficulty Level: medium)

Using Lightroom on Two Computers - Mike Hoffman

3. Synchronize your catalog across the two computers using Dropbox or oth

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this thread addressing the same issue. No apparent solution.  Re: Lightroom mobile synchronized between two computers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can address this several ways:

1. Have your main catalog, along with your images, on a removable drive. Run this from the Macbook when traveling. Then connect it to the iMac when home.  (difficulty level: easy)

2. Have a separate small catalog on the MacBook. Then when you get back, use File > Import as Catalog to bring all your work into your iMac (difficulty Level: medium)

Using Lightroom on Two Computers - Mike Hoffman

3. Synchronize your catalog across the two computers using Dropbox or other sync tools. Use Smart Previews to go portable, and merge new images back into your main storage when you return (difficulty level: hard)

Using Smart Previews in a Lightroom 5 Workflow

A Portable Lightroom Catalog - Mike Hoffman

The tutorials I’ve listed above were developed with LR5, but I’ve been using the same techniques through LR6 and LR CC.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much. I've been using the second method. The first risks losing everything while traveling. I'm going to try method 3 and see how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines