• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom app deleted photos taken through app on iOS

Explorer ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently been away for my honeymoon and used my phone to take a number of photos as it was not practical to use my dSLR camera. I used the Lightroom app as I wanted to be able to edit these and wanted to take these in RAW.

I opened the app yesterday to start editing and as i scrolled through the photos disappeared and were lost. It only seems to be the photos shot with the phone camera built into the Lightroom app. All other photos are still there.

As you can imagine this is very frustrating at loosing these photos. Last night I opened Lightroom on my PC while offline to see if these photos were still synced across but they had disappeared as well yet they were all there on Sunday night. I never deleted them off my phone.

Any help to get these photos back would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few questions that may help the community assist you.......

Do you know if they ever synced to the Cloud?

Can you see them here..... http://lightroom.adobe.com

When you open Lightroom on your PC was the 'CC Desktop' or 'Classic'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure they synced into the Cloud. According to the app they had and they did appear on Lightroom on the PC. So I assume they did sync.

No they dont appear on the link you send.

When opening on the PC it is in Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they appeared in Lightroom Classic, then unless they were deleted from there then I would assume that the actual photos may still be in the CC Downloads folder (location in Preferences), being as Classic pulls everything down from the Cloud to there.

Also, have you by any chance changed Catalog in Classic? You can only Sync one at a time to the Cloud and this is a possible reason for the missing photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldnt find anything in the CC downloads folder. I assume I looked in the right space. I only use one Catalog as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread may be of help if the photos made it to the Cloud: Lightroom Mobile Photos Gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines