Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom catalog disappeared

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I started using Lightroom as a free trial user 2 years ago. After the trial I continued using the free mobile version on my iPhone.

Today while opening the app all my pictures and presets (2 years work stored on the phone) were gone. 

When I connect to itunes with my desktop and go to Lightroom - File Sharing there´s a folder "5b0aefb48f9f488b9356b71967f8fd5b" of 1,4 MB and a folder "DepthFiles" of 3,8 MB but I can´t seem to copy or open it so no idea what´s in it.

Anybody has an idea of how I can get my pictures back?!

Would hate to loose 2 years of editing work :s

Thanks,

Kris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Literally the same happened to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is some advice in iTunes here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing....

Alternatively, do you back up to iCloud, and if so, one option could be to wipe your device and restore from a backup previous to the Lightroom 5.4.0 Update, which I think was August 18th?

This though may not be as smooth as it sounds and could lead to other non-Lightroom issues.

Or maybe use a spare device and restore from an old iCloud back up and see if that works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines