• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC Android is removing Titles & Captions

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have synchronised a collection in Lightroom Classic CC. The synchronised photos are displayed correctly in Lightroom Classic CC "All Synced Photographs" and in my Lightroom Library on the web. I then synchronise Lightroom CC on my Android phone and view the photos using the Info view. On the first pass, the photos are displayed with Title and Caption as set in my Classic Catalog. I then display the photos on my phone a second time and some of the Titles and Captions disappear and are replaced by "No Title" and "No Caption". The titles and captions of these images are also deleted from the web Library and from my LR Classic CC Catalog. This happens on some images and not others.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done further experiments and the deletion of Titles and Captions applies to all photos in a synchronised collection apart from the first and last. Titles and Collections are removed when viewing photos in collection in reverse order in LR CC Android.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Titles and Collections are removed when viewing photos in collection in reverse order in LR CC Android."
That's a good observation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. I causes a lot of work to re-enter the titles in LR Classic desktop app. This is a very serious bug that the titles is lost in the main application when synced to LR mobile on Android.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, very frustrating.... tired of re-entering Titles and Captions. I have a collection started in LRCC, shared in LR Classic and web via Portfolio. I have entered Titles and Captions in LRCC and Classic and all seem to sync, even web Pf. As soon as I open the collection in the Android Lightroom app on my phone, all but the first and last images in the collection of 38 lose Titles and Captions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On further review, it appears to happen when paging through the collection in Edit mode. This is the default if you click an image in the collection to view in order to zoom In/Out. I tried the Rate & Review mode and the same thing happened. I even paused sync, but as soon as I turn it back on, Titles and Captions are lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add my voice (and hope that someone at Adobe is listening).  I'm also experiencing the Lightroom Android CC app removing captions.  This is extremely frustrating ... and potentially disastrous for some users.  For me, this means that I can't use the app until this gets fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone could create a bug thread on the following forum as it’s monitored by Adobe engineers: Lightroom CC for Mobile devices | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if this is still happening? or how to fix it?  I'm afraid to take Sync off Pause. I'm afraid to look at my images on my Android for fear of losing more of my metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marsha,

As of ~12 hours ago, yes, it was still happening for me.

... Scott

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 8:49 AM MarshaLevine <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

Have you updated Lr and Ps this month? So far, I haven't found any update notes, so I don't know if that might help.

Marsha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I'm not sure when I last updated (I've just returned from a month

of traveling), but all my Lr products (Classic CC, CC, & Android) appear

to be up to date.

... Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week Adobe released new versions of Lr Classic, Ps and ACR (I think), but possibly by accident, since they didn't announce that they were going to do it and have not produced release notes as they usually do. The new version of Lr is 8.2 and ACR 11.2. What's new only extends to 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.  My installed  versions of Lr Classic CC and ACR are 8.1 and 11.1, respectively, with no option to upgrade.  (I am in Australia.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the UK. A few days ago, Victoria Brampton replied to a comment noting that it appeared that someone had pressed the button to release 8.2 etc before it was ready. There are no notes describing the changes. I've only used the new version of Lr so far. It seems to me that it has been speeded up. In particular adding metadata is less laggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also had this problem with Lightroom CC since December.  Any titles and captions just disappear.  The only response that I can get from Adobe is that the problem has been escalated.  Three months is a long time to get this bug fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re Lightroom CC is removing captions and titles.

Is anyone else still having this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! And still waiting for a fix!

I'm shocked that Adobe would leave a problem like this (user data being

destroyed by their app) uncorrected for so long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Received an update but the problem of disappearing titles and captions has NOT been fixed.

Adobe can I please have an update on what is being done to fix this problem???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr CC Android is still deleting title, caption, and copyright info. ☹️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just come across this problem and I am dumbfounded that Adobe has not fixed this yet. I have tried a few things now, saving metadata to sidecar xmp's and turning off the app on phone when Lightroom on my computer is syncing, but the problem persist. i hope Adobe will fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This defect cost me work that took many hours to do. Proper and prompt warning might well have allowed me to avoid that.

I don't dare re-install the Lightroom app for Android until I know that this has been fixed. That puts me in the annoying position of not having had my preferred mode of mobile access to photos for several months, and no idea when - if ever - it will be safe to use again. I am now considering (non-Adobe) alternatives.  

@Adobe:

1. I am appalled that, as far as I can see, this serious defect is not even properly acknowledged by Adobe as a 'known issue'. Surely it should be mentioned at Known issues and workaround with a warning and advice on what it is safe and not safe to do in order to avoid loss of titles and captions and propagation of that destructive effect across platforms.

2. I presume that all, or nearly all, of the text that was deleted by this flaw in your software still exists in backup copies of my main Lightroom catalog. Is there a practicable way to retrieve it? Detailed instructions please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had any feedback from Adobe on this problem.  I feel that I am being ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines