• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC for iOS has reset file numbering on my third phone

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used LR CC on my iPhone since I had a 7Plus. I've since had an iPhone X and now an XS.

File numbering has been sequential since I first installed it but since switching to my XS the numbering has reset and started from APC_001.dng again, which means I can't transfer the images to my hard drive without renaming them all the time. This isn't easy to do as they are stored somewhere deep in the file system

Any idea why it did this and can I specify a new starting number (above the highest file number from my previous phone)?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Hi David

LRCC iOS will respect and add to the file sequence if the original images LRM's camera captures remain in the app cache on the same device. However, if you sign in on a new device where the original images don't exist, the file sequence is reset.  In fact, simply uninstalling and reinstalling the app on the same device will cause the sequential file naming to reset. 

If you previously saw the file sequence preserved, my guess is you did an iTunes Backup/Restore from your 7+ to your X, an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David

LRCC iOS will respect and add to the file sequence if the original images LRM's camera captures remain in the app cache on the same device. However, if you sign in on a new device where the original images don't exist, the file sequence is reset.  In fact, simply uninstalling and reinstalling the app on the same device will cause the sequential file naming to reset. 

If you previously saw the file sequence preserved, my guess is you did an iTunes Backup/Restore from your 7+ to your X, and this preserved the original images in local app cache on the newer device.  Is this possible?  If so, did you similarly do a backup restore from your X to your new XS? 

I'm a stickler for file naming too, and I understand how irritating this may be for you.  I will ask the developers if any improvement is possible, and mention your good suggestion to allow users to specify new starting numbers like some DSLRs allow.

--Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply Charlie. When I swap phones I always back up to iCloud and restore once I get the new phone home. The only possibility I can think of is that I move my images regularly to my hard drive and then delete them from the Lightroom cloud, so when I fired up LR on the XS, there were no images from which to reference a starting number.

Could that be why?

For now, I'm going to rename all of my LR images taken on all iPhones by doing a search for them and then a sequential renumber in Lightroom CC Classic for Mac.

Then I'll make sure I always leave the latest image open in Lightroom when I backup and restore.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines