Highlighted

Lightroom CC Mobile Android doesn't display thumbnails

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thumbnails of pictures in albums on Lightroom CC Mobile on Android aren't displaying and instead are grey boxes. When I am offline the pictures don't load I have downloaded offline either.

I sometimes get the error message development version failed to load or something similar.

I know this has been talked about on these forums before and the workaround was simply to uninstall and reinstall Lightroom Mobile CC which I did last time but it meant once I installed again I had to go through all my 217 albums individually and choose to store offline again. I like to keep my photos offline and I have the storage on my phone to do it.

This did fix the problem but it has happened again only about three weeks later. It takes hours to go through all my albums (about 11,000 photos) and click each individual album to store offline as there isn't a global option to do this.

Not only this the 20gb or so of photos from my first Lightroom mobile installation hasn't deleted even though the app is uninstalled and I'm not entirely sure how to delete this. I have a 64gb phone and with the second install and my photos stored locally on Lightroom mobile if I uninstall it again with the operating system and apps and music on my phone I don't have enough storage for a third installation. How do I delete the old photos from my previous Lightroom mobile installations?

This driving me crazy and I am paying £10 a month for the Lightroom CC storage service locked into a contract with a £60 penalty for cancelling early.

What should I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom CC Mobile Android doesn't display thumbnails

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thumbnails of pictures in albums on Lightroom CC Mobile on Android aren't displaying and instead are grey boxes. When I am offline the pictures don't load I have downloaded offline either.

I sometimes get the error message development version failed to load or something similar.

I know this has been talked about on these forums before and the workaround was simply to uninstall and reinstall Lightroom Mobile CC which I did last time but it meant once I installed again I had to go through all my 217 albums individually and choose to store offline again. I like to keep my photos offline and I have the storage on my phone to do it.

This did fix the problem but it has happened again only about three weeks later. It takes hours to go through all my albums (about 11,000 photos) and click each individual album to store offline as there isn't a global option to do this.

Not only this the 20gb or so of photos from my first Lightroom mobile installation hasn't deleted even though the app is uninstalled and I'm not entirely sure how to delete this. I have a 64gb phone and with the second install and my photos stored locally on Lightroom mobile if I uninstall it again with the operating system and apps and music on my phone I don't have enough storage for a third installation. How do I delete the old photos from my previous Lightroom mobile installations?

This driving me crazy and I am paying £10 a month for the Lightroom CC storage service locked into a contract with a £60 penalty for cancelling early.

What should I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 03, 2018 0
selondon LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the 'grey' photos view okay at http://lightroom.adobe.com ?

(Assume they do)

Even though you have had different versions of Lightroom installed, photos will always sync to the Cloud, and thus show up on your new installation.

You can delete these at the above link also.

You may want to post the 'Failed to load development version' error here: Lightroom for mobile | Photoshop Family Customer Community where one of the Adobe Tech guys may pick it up

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2018 0