• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC mobile slow and crashing

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the most recent update this week Lightroom CC is extremely slow and crashes frequently on both my 2018 iPad and my iPhone 6s. Both devices have latest IOS updates. Anyone else having issues? Lightroom is currently unusable for me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Hi Jennifer,

if you always crash after successfully logging in you seem to run into an issue that can easiest be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the application.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

could you please give some more information about when it crashers?
I assume that you are talking about the 3.3.1 version.

Does it crash when you e.g.

1. Edit specific images?
  2. Raw/JPG?
  3. Any specific camera or edits?
  4. work online or offline?
  5. Export(/Share?

Thanks,

Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignacio, this is 3.3.1. The crash is kind of random. It happens while editing, both raw (Fujifilm X100F) and JPG. It has also crashed when just swiping through images in edit mode. I am online when it happens and Lightroom indicates it is in sync with cloud. I think raw editing may be a precursor to a crash, meaning that I was able to edit maybe a dozen JPEGS and if I work on any raw files the crash seems to happen soon after, but not necessarily while working on any particular raw file. The crash does happen while JPEGS are being edited if I was previously working on raw. Profiles, cropping, tone curves are things I have been doing when the crash happens. The interface slows prior to the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know, would it be possible for you to try out the workflow without Profiles?
Does it also happen then? If not please try out the workflow with Profiles but while in flight mode and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignacio, I’m not sure about your request. In flight mode (assuming airplane mode) profiles aren’t available. In any event, I don’t think it is related to profiles. I just opened Lightroom on my iPad, scrolled through all photos briefly, selected a JPEG with no profile and Lightroom abruptly closed. This was in less 5 seconds. It basically won’t run on my iPad or iPhone since the update. I need to get this working ASAP so any suggestions would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems to be resolved now. I had over 18,000 presets after importing them from Lightroom Classic to CC on my MacBook. I had a few VSCO packages and a couple others - had no idea there were that many individual preset files. I don't know if something went wrong in the import but I ended up with thousands of cryptically named presets that were pretty much useless without the original names. I didn't notice this until after the crashes started. Since the presets weren't doing me any good, I opted to delete the entire User preset group. This took a really long time and after it was done I uninstalled/reinstalled the Lightroom CC mobile app on my iPad and iPhone to get back to a fresh state. Since then I haven't seen a crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, only after correctly installing and with iOS with the latest updates, I can't even get the app to open after signing in? It keeps crashing and returning me to my home screen. Anyone have any insight on this? Would love to finally use this app!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jennifer,

if you always crash after successfully logging in you seem to run into an issue that can easiest be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the application.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg, such a simple solution fix! THANK YOU!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is that everytime I add new images from video games into LR, it crashes. I use a Sony Xperia and I've tried everything like clearing data, reinstalling and even tried on different devices. Been using LR for 2 years and this is the first time it's happened to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those other devices, are they also Android devices?
Is it only screen shots from games or any screen shot?

It would help a lot if you could let us know which Android versions you are seeing this on.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they are android devices. The screenshots are saved from Google photos that was exported from my gaming console. I had a couple of my friends with the same problem. What's odd is that I have an old Samsung tablet with an older lightroom cc and is able to add pics from my google photos. So basically right now I use my tablet to export the unedited images and use my android to edit and export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically I'm short terms, I can't import any photos without it giving me the "lightroom cc has stopped working" and etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom for Samsung crashes so frequently that it is practically unusable. It is gaslighting to tell me this is my problem and that I should risk deleting gigabytes of data just to see if reinstalling will fix a problem Adobe knows exists within the app. It is just another abuse of power in a market Adobe dominates in an anti social manner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines