• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC Premium Subscription paid for, but still showing as expired on iPad

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yesterday I finally took the plunge and paid for a monthly subscription to Lightroom Premium to use on my iPad.I've got screenshots to prove that I paid for the subscription, but its not reflected when I try to use the app. It's still showing as an expired trial version.

On the iPad I've signed out of my Adobe account then re-signed back into it,

I've checked my Apple ID account and the Lightroom subscription is showing as "active".

In the App I've clicked on the "restore purchases" button, and its had no effect.

Can any of you Adobe Guru's please help me out?

Thanks,

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just send you a private message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mr Barrie, if you still have problems with the Lr subscription, could you please send me your Adobe-id which you have used for the purchase, best as a private message. With that I could have a look at the server-side. - Guido/ lr Mobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the same problem on my side.  Just tried to restore my purchase but no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see a current subscription for you.  Checking against the email ID I see for you here, I found an Adobe account with a Lightroom iOS subscription that expired about 2 months ago, and the account is barely using any storage.  Can you confirm you only have one account at Adobe?  Sometimes when signing back in, people forget how they previously signed and accidentally create a new account. I just want to confirm you are sure that's not the issue here, that LR app settings shows you are signed into the correct account. 

Next, can you confirm you have actually subscribed by checking your subscription status in iOS settings?  See this page for how-to info: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

Is there a valid Lightroom subscription for your Apple ID?

Sometimes purchases or 'Restore Purchase' fails even when both the Apple ID and Adobe ID are correct.  If this is the situation you're in, please check the following:

--please confirm your method of payment is valid, up-to-date (not expired), etc.

--then please sign out of your iTunes ID, and then try to subscribe or Restore Purchase again -- entering your Apple ID when Lightroom asks for it.  This has helped some users.

--If you made the purchase on iPhone, and are trying to Restore Purchase on iPad, try going back to your iPhone for Restore Purchase instead.  I know this probably doesn't relate to your setup, but thought I would mention it just in case.

Another unusual circumstance that prevents people from subscribing smoothly is when multiple iTunes IDs are used on the same device.  In short, the same iTunes ID should download the app and subscribe -- one cannot use different iTunes IDs for app download and then subscribing.

I know I shared many troubleshooting suggestions, but I hope something here helps you or others.  Please let me know if you are still stuck after trying each of the suggestions above!

--Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I check my iTunes subscriptions page, I do have an active subscription. Is it possible that my Adobe account isn’t connected to my iTunes account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for confirming the subscription is all set on the Apple side of things. 

Please sign into Lightroom using the same email ID you used to sign into these forums. 

Then do try the previous suggestion, first sign out of your iTunes account in iOS Settings > iTunes & App Store (tap your name, then Sign  Out). Then, back in Lightroom, tap Restore Purchase in the app’s Settings.  This should trigger a login for your iTunes ID – now sign back into iTunes.

Does this help?  If not, do you see an error, a spinner?  Knowing what you see could be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the sign out instructions. Unfortunately I just get the photo of the silhouette of the person kicking sand and the spinning icon. No error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, the silhouette and spinning icon come after I click the “Restore Purchase” button in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need some additional info, and I just sent you a private message.  If you don't see it, please check your spam folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on my iPhone 7 plus. I have paid for the subscription and the app shows that it is still in trial mode. I have tried logging out and logging back in and also restarting, clearing cache, etc. Could you please help me with this issue. My id is [Personal data removed by moderator]

Thanks

Kartik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kartik,

have you tried the steps above mentioned above (marked as helpful):

"Then do try the previous suggestion, first sign out of your iTunes account in iOS Settings > iTunes & App Store (tap your name, then Sign  Out). Then, back in Lightroom, tap Restore Purchase in the app’s Settings.  This should trigger a login for your iTunes ID – now sign back into iTunes."

Thanks,

Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines