Lightroom for iPad no longer recognizes DNG files as RAW files, even though the format is displayed. Thus, many of the development opportunities of a RAW file, such as a. Profiles and camera profile. Also some presets are missing then. The DNG file behaves like a JPEG file with limited capabilities.
My workflow was
1. Import images (DNG and JPEG) from a LEICA SL from the SD card through a MacBook to Lightroom CC Classic (version 8.0, Camera Raw 11.0)
2. DNG images can be developed normally in LR Classic, even with all profiles and presets (eg VSCO)
3. Created collection in LR and enabled synchronization with CC
4. Images are transferred to App LR for iPad (version v.4.0.0)
5. The raw images of the Leica are also marked as DNG in LR
6. After opening, all the development options (Presets + Profiles) appear briefly, but then only the restricted ones, as with a JPEG file
a. I did the same workflow with an Olympus Raw (ORF) file. Everything is on the iPad.
b. Everything is possible in Lightroom CC WEB and in Lightroom CC (Cloud)
It just seems to be just a problem with the iPad app and DNG files.
Hi Jens. Did I get it right that you have synced presets via Lr CC Cloud version and these are not listed within Lr Mobile? If so, could it be that you have a new mobile device updated from iOS backup? Just asking since we had an issue that we did not mark presets to back-up with iOS. Just let me know if this is might be the issue you are facing. ---Guido/ Lr Mobile QE