• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom for iPad does not recognize DNG files as RAW - missing development tools

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom for iPad no longer recognizes DNG files as RAW files, even though the format is displayed. Thus, many of the development opportunities of a RAW file, such as a. Profiles and camera profile. Also some presets are missing then. The DNG file behaves like a JPEG file with limited capabilities.

My workflow was

1. Import images (DNG and JPEG) from a LEICA SL from the SD card through a MacBook to Lightroom CC Classic (version 8.0, Camera Raw 11.0)

2. DNG images can be developed normally in LR Classic, even with all profiles and presets (eg VSCO)

3. Created collection in LR and enabled synchronization with CC

4. Images are transferred to App LR for iPad (version v.4.0.0)

5. The raw images of the Leica are also marked as DNG in LR

6. After opening, all the development options (Presets + Profiles) appear briefly, but then only the restricted ones, as with a JPEG file

Note

a. I did the same workflow with an Olympus Raw (ORF) file. Everything is on the iPad.

b. Everything is possible in Lightroom CC WEB and in Lightroom CC (Cloud)

It just seems to be just a problem with the iPad app and DNG files.

Can one reproduce that? Please help. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jens. Did I get it right that you have synced presets via Lr CC Cloud version and these are not listed within Lr Mobile? If so, could it be that you have a new mobile device updated from iOS backup? Just asking since we had an issue that we did not mark presets to back-up with iOS. Just let me know if this is might be the issue you are facing. ---Guido/ Lr Mobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problems. Mine is Leica M10-P. Only JPGs imported. And sometimes the selected photos could not be imported completely at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines