Highlighted

Lightroom for iPad Pro screen brightness

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When editing photos in Lightroom on my iPad Pro, the screen brightness dims every 10-20mins or so. I then have to lock my screen and leave it for a few minutes before it goes back to its original brightness. I already turned off automatic brightness, dark mode, true tone, the automatic brightness in the accessibility section as well.   

This only happens when I'm working in Lightroom and then it effects the whole screen when I exit Lightroom as well. Don't have this problem when I power off my device and put it on again and then work with other apps and don't open Lightroom. 

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Mobile Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom for iPad Pro screen brightness

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When editing photos in Lightroom on my iPad Pro, the screen brightness dims every 10-20mins or so. I then have to lock my screen and leave it for a few minutes before it goes back to its original brightness. I already turned off automatic brightness, dark mode, true tone, the automatic brightness in the accessibility section as well.   

This only happens when I'm working in Lightroom and then it effects the whole screen when I exit Lightroom as well. Don't have this problem when I power off my device and put it on again and then work with other apps and don't open Lightroom. 

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Mobile Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem on ipad 11:(

Hope this problem can be solved!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on my iPad Pro 11", apparently it happens when the iPad is reheating which is quite annoying as I mainly use it for editing photos in Lightroom and having a screen that's is dimming all the time  slows my work as I can't continue editing without knowing exactly how the photos are going  to look. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

which iPad Pro is it exactly?
And what kind of edits are you doing when this occurs?
Are you working with RAWs or other images? 
Any info about dimensions and file types will be helpful.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the 12.9 2018 iPad Pro.

I'm a wedding photographer so I mainly edit RAW files. I import them on my iMac and sync the smart previews with my LR on my iPad and then edit on there as I love working remotely. 

My iPad has a lot of space left and I make sure all my other apps are closed when using LR. It starts off fine but once my battery goes below 60% the dimming starts and it heats up. Removed my case now to make sure the iPad gets enough ventilation but that doesn't help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my new iPad 11 the problem occurs when I apply a selective correction with a brush when processing RAW files. Regardless of the work time, this happens when using more than three masks. With each mask, the brush is getting more and more screen and the screen becomes darker about 30 percent. CR2 4889 * 2750 (5184 * 3456)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this? This is a really frustrating occurrence. I love Using my IPad Pro to edit but this is making it nearly impossible to accurately get my job done. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ignacio, I have an iPad Pro 11"  I work only in Raw photos and it happens minutes after I start the editing. Is very annoying and hopefully you guys can fix this otherwise using and iPad for profesional editing is not something that you guys should recommend 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is exactly how I feel. I edit on my iPad hoping it will look fine just to re-edit everything on my iMac again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as well. HUGE problem when using the iPad as my primary editing device when I'm on the road. 12.9 inch 3rd Gen iPad Pro.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newest iPad Pro here - 12.9, same issue. 10 minutes in Lightroom = dim. Very annoying for the whole workflow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree Majudude, I have the 12.9" 2018 iPad Pro and the same thing is happening to me. One thing I did try was to install LR mobile onto my wife's iPad Pro 12.9 2018, it didn't happen on hers which was strange. It is frustrating when people have paid lots of money for a device and have this problem. My wife works in sales and gets points for her sales so we got our iPad Pro's for free but that's not the point, it is still annoying. I am going to sell my iPad Pro and purchase a MacBook Pro when they drop in price due to the new MacBooks being released soon. Maybe iPad OS 14 will fix this problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I have the iPad Pro 11 / 2020. is there already any solution??? It is super annoying

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here... I have a 2018 12.9 iPad Pro and it's the only device I use for editing but this issue is seriously getting in my nerves... Would love at least a clarification about why this is happening.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got around this problem by reducing the brightness of the screen by
50 percent which is better for when you print anyway.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 1