• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom iOS exporting Maximum available image to iCloud Sharing reduces file size

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom CC on iOS. All of my full resolution images are stored online using the service.

If I share and choose to share the "Maximum available", then if I choose "Photos" and choose to share the photo to an iCloud Family Sharing library it shares an image that is far below maximum resolution.

For example an image that should have been 4032 × 3024 pixels was sent to iCloud family sharing at 480 × 360 pixels instead. Does anyone have a workaround to this?

If I save directly to camera roll or I save the photo to files it saves at maximum resolution but not with iCloud Family Sharing. I don't want to save to camera roll or files first before sending to iCloud Photo Library. In that case it will be in the maximum resolution, however I don't want the extra step.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elliot,

As the image size reduces when you share them via Lightroom to iCloud, could you please let us know the version of Lightroom you're working with?

Also, have you tried sharing images to the iCloud with other apps? I believe uploading directly to iCloud might be compressing the images so that they upload at a faster speed.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On iOS using an iPad I am using version 4.3.2 55A26D

I do see this issue with Pixelmator also I am reaching out to them as well. However, surely something can be done? If this is done from the photos app or the files app it is done at full resolution, no issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Photos and Files app are made by Apple, the issue might be restricted to other apps. Have you tried getting in touch with Apple and see if they have some suggestions for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines