• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom IOS- how do I keep brush mask on?

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve searched everywhere with no specific answer found....

I know to tap the brush diamond to show its mask and view it. However there are times when I go to paint with my brush (using the pencil of course) and the mask stays visible while I do, making it so I can see precisely where I’m painting, and at other times the mask disappears!

How do I keep my brush mask visibility on while painting??

It’s a mystery as to why it stays on and other times shuts off as soon as I apply the pencil to paint. How do I control this behaviour??

Thank you for taking the time to consider this question, it’s infuriating that I can’t see where or how this behaviour is toggled.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Hi mRfung1,

If you have an exposure adjustment applied to your brush, the overlay disappears as you paint. I assume this is because you could see the boundaries by the change in brightness.

If the exposure adjustment is set to 0, then the red overlay appears when you paint, as a guide to show the boundary - again I assume it would be difficult to see if you only had non-exposure settings applied.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mRfung1,

If you have an exposure adjustment applied to your brush, the overlay disappears as you paint. I assume this is because you could see the boundaries by the change in brightness.

If the exposure adjustment is set to 0, then the red overlay appears when you paint, as a guide to show the boundary - again I assume it would be difficult to see if you only had non-exposure settings applied.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines