• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom IPad and NAS cannot access the images

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom on my Mac and on my iPad. Pictures are stored in my NAS LaCie.

I can map the NAS on my mac and access my pictures through the Mac nevetheless I am NOT able to access my nas From Lightroom on the iPad, even if from other apps installed on the same iPad I can see and disply the pictures !

I wish to edit pictures residend in my NAS from lightroom on the iPAd.

tks !

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

Please have a look at this similar conversaion, to know about the workflow possibility between iPad + Nas + Lightroom: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2651277

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Sahil for your prompt answer, I have read it and fount interesting, eventhough I believe my stating point is slightly diffeent.

I have lightroom classic installed on my desktop where I saved about 50k pictures. I am NOT a professionist but in the years I have shot many pictures and it’s now time to save them on a Raid based NAS and to clean the archive, deleting duplicates and refining the best pictures. In other words I wish to switch from pure picture storage into some nice storytelling and proper archive. There are more than 10 years of pictures of different quality and format, JPG and Row (Olympus), and may GB of videos from my Sony camcorder or iPhone.

As you can imagin this will require a lot of time and  activity thus I wish to do this in the evening sitting with my family, not by myself in the studio. According to this my ideal working flow is the following:

1) copy the images from the desktop into the NAS (Lacie)

2) Access pictures on Lacies using Lightroom on the iPad Air (ioS 12.4.3; 64 GB) with Creative Cloud 5.0 and Lightroom (classic or new it does not matter to me). Wi-Fi connection, of course, then...

3) delete duplicates or poor quality photo from the Lacie disks

4) reorganize pictures in catalogues and in directory within the Lavie disks

5) select best photo in Lightroom from the iPad 

6) produce my stories in Lightroom from the desktop

7) mantain my archive in the following years

The main ussue I am facing today is I am not able to read the pictures on my Lacie from Lightroom or from the Collaborative Cloud using the iPad. Meanwhile from the same iPad I can access my Lacies photo using other programs, such as Remote Files Manager.  

where am I wrong? 

Thank you for your support !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines