• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LrM - Allow application of metadata to multiple photos at once

LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allow me to select multiple photos and apply stars & ratings to the selected photos. Frequently I like to mark all photos as 3-stars, then filter on >= 3 stars. I then start setting photos I don't like to 2 stars to remove them from the visible set. As it is I can't mark all photos as 3 stars in one batch, I instead have to use the desktop to do it.

Idea Planned
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019
Lightroom Android 4.4 has added: Change the title, caption, copyright, star rating, and or flag status for multiple photos at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 117 Replies 117
117 Comments
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what happened to old threads and suggestions, but one of the most important ones for me just disappeared. Where are they, were they deleted?

Anyway, it would be very important for my workflow being able to add a keyword to multiple images at once on lightroom mobile (android user here). This can already done e.g. for star ratings. Is it possible to add this feature?

This was the original text and thread link, by user ivan (from an e-mail notification, as I bookmarked that topic).

"This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Caption Suggestion.

Lightroom Mobile is almost a perfect replacement for photojournalists in the field. Following the update that allowed for customized file naming/structure (Thank you to whoever worked on that issue!), I decided to try it again on a recent assignment. However, I found the captioning field and keywording section wanting.

I would suggest a tool to batch caption/keyword all images, similar to the copy/paste tool for color and light settings. I would also like to recommend that the text field in captioning be expanded to an expanded textbox rather than a one-line textbox.

When working on my previous assignment I made a generic caption and keyword field in the notes app (working off of an ipad pro) and then pasted it individually into each image I was filing. However, when I went to add information to the captions (specific names more detail) I had a terrible experience and lost time by having to scroll through from the back of the caption box to the top of the field.

When I checked the exported images the formatting was also broken. I leave spaces between graphs and a space between my attribution tag. In my exported files from LR Mobile everything was in one continuous graph which I then needed to fix on my laptop before I could file properly.

I have been a longtime user of Lightroom, I switched over from Aperture when adobe first released it. I rely on Lightroom for all of my work and was thrilled when Mobile first came on to the scene. I now feel that Mobile can outperform LR Classic/Desktop but for it to truly be a replacement for working professionals on deadline this captioning/keywording issue needs to be sorted out. I'd be happy to discuss the issue with a rep or developer and give more detailed examples."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum, so feature requests such as this are best made using the official Adobe feedback site: https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-mobile/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40875

There'll almost certainly be a feature request already logged there for batch applying of keywords and other metadata, so you could add your comments and vote to that existing thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And another bump, hope every six months that's ok 😉 Still a severely missed feature on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk what is up?? Seems like this should have been implemented 3 years ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather unbelievable that this is still a topic, but it is! Please get this sorted out, so that the mobile version is not also a baby version, especially on the iPad!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One at a time is  almost unless to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yessss please!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty terrible indeed. It's two years since your post and still mothing.

it seems like iOS is being made for amateurs..

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please add the possibility to copy keywords (possible today) and past them on multiple images.

Kind regards, Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you do that? I could not find out how when I tried.

Kind regards, Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. We need to be able to do this on the iPad without going back to the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Still not possible 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the ability to select and keyword multiple images. This will save me a TON of time!

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that is it. I hate googling for basic  functions and regularly finding these abandoned requests. Just bought an ipad and will return it for exactly this feature missing. As a photo journalist i depend on it. And worst of all it's such a simple request.

I hereby promise to myself to get rid of my adobe subscription and replace all your software in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it strange that a basic mobile photo organizer function like multiple keywords, captions, etc. is not available. This has been requested for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, je voudrais donner un mot clé à un lot de photos depuis mon téléphone sur Lightroom mobile. Cela est il possible car j ai essayé essayé pas mal de choses sans trouver de solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not currently, but moving this post to the main feature request thread. Please add your Upvote (button at the top) there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all totally agree as a working photographer try to move away from the laptop have this fundamental action of adding a caption missing is really poor and surely it's a simple request to action. Please Adobe sort it out asap i have been in contact with another editing company who are working on this for there system as they understand the importance for working editorial photographers.

Please.......sort this out......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently you can select multiple images but you can't set the rating on multiple images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost the end of April'22 and this feature is still not available on the iPad. Like a number of people, I ditched the laptop for an iPad Pro to be lighter. This missing feature though, is pretty basic, but should be a staple of any image catalogueing tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous that we still can't do multiple metadata operations on an iPad. Is this an Apple issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 years later, nothing has changed by part of Adobe. No info editing on multiple photos at once (captions, keywords etc), no flagging/rating multiple photos at once.
It makes Lightroom for an iPad an afterthought. These features have been available on Android for years. I have thousands of old photos I wanted to organize, mark for deletion, and caption. But doing them one by one is too slow. 

There is no point for me to get an iPad beyond the basic model. Why is Adobe silent on this? Does the  Adobe Lightroom  iPad/iOS development team communicate with the Android development team? 

Unreal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RikkFlohr howmcome these features have been available on Lightroom for Android for years and the iPad version is still lacking or crippled? Multiple photo rating and especially entering/editing info metadata, like captions, credit line, keywords, on multiple photos at once  is such a basic feature.

also filtering photos by keywords or text in captions would be pretty good. 
why there is no parity between the features of Android and iPad versions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the Android version of Lightroom allows filling the caption, title fields of multiple photos at once and to select multiple photos and give them a rating. 

more than 3 years later the iPad version allows only copy/pasting captions and other info one photo at the time. That really cripples my workflow, and the cloud potential. 
also rating multiple photos at once would be great to refine selections and culling. 
how come Adobe does not push for feature parity between Android and Apple tablets ?

if I can not quickly caption a shoot, I can not then use Lightroom for iPad  and the iPad as a lighter substitute of a MacBook laptop and Lightroom Classic when on assignment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The former comments showed that Apple devices even have less functionalities than Android ones.

But I'd still like to point out, that adding one keyword to a batch of multiple pictures is still not possible on Android as well. And this is the most important feature for me, as it is possible to filter for keywords later on. This is not the case for titles etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate