Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom mobile android - Problem with date when exporting pictures

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm encountering a problem when trying to export a picture I've edited in Lightroom for android.

As you can see from the following screenshot, the timestamp associated with the picture inside the lightroom app says "2nd of June"

unnamed.jpg

After exporting the picture and opening it with google photos the timestamp is different as you can see from the second screenshot. It's showing me the export date, not the date when the picture was taken.

unnamed (1).jpg

As you can see from the third screenshot, the settings are the right ones, I'm asking the app to export the pictures with the metadata. As a matter of fact the camera information is correct, it's just the date that is wrong.

unnamed (2).jpg

I've already read in another discussion that a possible solution would be to use the "share" button instead of exporting, and share the picture in another photo app, like snapseed, and then saving the picture. This way the picture retains the original EXIF date, the problem with this solution is that the share button degrades the quality of the picture

The app is great but this problem is a deal-breaker for me. If it wasn't for this I would gladly pay for the pro version.

Is there any way to fix this?

I'm using a samsung galaxy A8 with nougat.

Thanks in advance for any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Changing the filename when exporting was a dumb decision.  Any export method should export with the original filename, otherwise it's pain in the neck to find the original image later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines