Highlighted

Lightroom mobile app not letting me use premium

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help with my account. I'm logged in to the Lightroom mobile app, and have the premium upgrade but it won't let me use the features. And if I try to restore purchase or the free trial again it keeps giving me the message that it's a duplicate purchase and the app has already been downloaded with a different adobe ID

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom mobile app not letting me use premium

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help with my account. I'm logged in to the Lightroom mobile app, and have the premium upgrade but it won't let me use the features. And if I try to restore purchase or the free trial again it keeps giving me the message that it's a duplicate purchase and the app has already been downloaded with a different adobe ID

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign out of the Lightroom app, and sign back in with the login you purchased the premium subscription with. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that, also uninstalling/reinstalling, and canceling the subscription and waiting for the renewal date. And still nothing

also my friend can log into his account on my phone and it all works. Just not with my own account

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you log into your account at lightroom.adobe.com? Or at adobe.com? I'm not sure how the premium purchase from Apple is associated with your Adobe account, so I don't know for sure that will work. If you can't access your account through Adobe, you probably have to contact Apple.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe says I don't have an account, that it's a problem with apple, because it's purchased through the App Store. Apple says the problem is with adobe and since it's a third party app they can't do anything. I even did the screen share with apple, where they can see what I'm doing on the phone and they say the problem is definitely with adobe.

I emailed adobe and sent them the screen shot of the error message, and also gave them the invoice order numbers and CC info and they still say I don't have an account.
that's why I'm here now seeing if there's any other solution I can try

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand how frustrating this must be for you. Your experience is a good reason for purchasing your subscription directly from Adobe, not Apple. If you can, I would cancel the premium subscription from Apple and purchase a Lightroom subscription from Adobe instead. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that might to be what I do. Just sucks because it goes from $5 to $10 a month. And I was using the app fine up until about 2 months ago. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe subscription includes the desktop version of Lightroom. If you have a computer you will like having it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, ok cool!

I just might have to do that

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0