• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile App on iOS / Load all pictures in cache at once?!

Participant ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I really like the App but what I could not figure out yet how to load all pictures of an album with one function/action into the Cache of my iOS device. I need to scroll through every singe page and then wait until the picture or a page are loaded (see attached picture) and then scroll more downwards so that the next pictures are loaded into cache. That is really taking to much time so how to improve this workflow ?

IMG_F1490E760796-1.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clicking the library icon and view by album. Or click the three dots and choose small thumbnails instead of normal.

Scrolling down all photos should be a one time operation. Once the thumbnail previews are generated they should always be visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the three dots but chose "store album locally".

If you Local storage setting is "smart previews only" it will download and keep smart previews, otherwise it will download the full size file. It will tell you how much storage it needs either way.

A tip I was recently given here https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/local-storage-setting-to-use-more-of-the-available-... is to create an All Photos album and click the "store album locally" option. I am currently 33451 out of 72295 smart previews downloaded. The 72295 needed 110GB on my phone to download. It has taken about a week so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yesterday's update to LRCC for iOS, version 4.0.0 has massively speeded up this process.

LRCC v3.4 downloaded 36,000 in about six days. Ver 4 has downloaded 24,000 in 12 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines