• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile App Won't Open ios 13.2.3

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My LR mobile app hasn't opened for a few weeks now.  I keep installing the latest ios updates, restarting, etc. and no luck.  I've checked for app updates in the app store, tried opening the app directly from the app store as well.  It acts like it's going to open, then just disappears and goes back to the phone's home screen.  When I 'scroll' to see open apps, it shows the LR screen (no images, just the logo LR screen) but when I select it same thing again...just acts like it's loading but nothing.  

I know I could try deleting and re-installing that app.  My question is do I lose all my presets, catalog, photo edits, etc.?  I know they're stored separately in the LR computer version but when you try to delete iphone apps it always says you will 'delete all the app's data'.  I do not have premium or sync.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LR app is updated to 5.0 (current app store release)?

Have you tried to force-quit the app? 

If force-quit and relaunch doesn't help, you might still be able to recover your images -- please make an iTunes backup of your device, and then follow the help on this page to see if you can recover your photos: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing.htm...

Did you install your presets via LR on the desktop?  Or did you make them inside LR mobile and are they synced and visible in Lightroom Desktop?  If not, do not reinstall LR Mobile just yet -- let us know, and I will ask someone more knowledgeable about presets for next steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for response, sorry was out of town.  If by force quit the LR mobile app you mean just where you 'swipe' up to close the app then yes I've tried many times.  

I will make the LR images backup per your instructions.

For the presets, yes I did create them inside LR Mobile app.  I don't sync with my LR desktop bc I have the standalone program not the monthly subscrption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and yes the app is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great -- my advice above about creating a backup was geared more towards ensuring you don't lose any images.  As far as not losing your presets, I hope these will survive after you create a backup on you device and then restore from that back-up.  This will reinstall your apps, and should place all the local files your apps use including Lightroom and its presets.  It's a cumbersome process, but is the only thing I can recommend for a free Lightroom account was not syncing images and presets to cloud storage before the app became unstable.  I am not able to reproduce the crash you describe, so I'm hoping restoring from a back up will smooth out any current application or file system corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines