Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile Failing to Import Photos

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

im having issues with my app not being able to import any of the other photos on my camera roll. Earlier, it was allowing me to do so, and now I am getting a message that says “failed to import photos”

help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brittany,

Please provide us with details:

What device?

What OS version?

What Lightroom Mobile version?

You can find the Lightroom Mobile version under Settings > About Lightroom CC

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. My iPhone LR app is no longer importing camera roll images.

iPhone 5S

OS 12.2

LR 4.21 442FoD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bionaut,

What process are you trying to use to import the images? Are you getting errors? Please provide a detailed description of what you are doing, and what happens.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

I have the LR app set up to auto import camera roll images (still and video). The last images that were imported were made on March 19. Since then, new images made with the Camera app are not imported into the LR app. This used to work seamlessly. I just noticed this morning that the import was not happening.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bizarrely enough, Ms Selondon (not her real name) look loads of videos at the school play this morning using her iPhone. I’ve been at work waiting for them to sync to Lr Web But the haven’t appeared.

I’ll check when I return home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

There are two places that need to be set to facilitate auto import (this can be confusing):

1. In LR settings, ensure that import is ambled for photos and video (sounds like you did that)

2. Select an album as the destination for auto import. Tap the three dots, and choose “Auto Import from Camera Roll.”

when enabled, the album should say “Auto Import” below the name.

Screen shots below.

Mike

D90DEA8B-6DB5-405C-B0EC-0F132B483C61.jpeg

75596A97-EB97-45CC-9152-A4166F63FBE4.jpeg

2B2BE6D6-24C8-44C3-867D-14A06ED669F3.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet! I never had to do that before. I guess that's a new feature. Good idea. I'll have to look around the app a bit more. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this behavior was added a few updates ago. If you missed an update, you might have still had the old behavior.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, my app is also having the same problem. Whenever I try to import any photos, it tells me that it 'failed to import'. 

I have a Huawei Novi 2i with version 6.1.0.

Thanks in advance! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines