• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile for iPad Slow Upload Sync

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Lightroom Mobile (v. 5.1.0 93E03A) on my iPad Pro (9,7' | MLMV2LL/A) with iOS 13.3, and the synchronization process is absurdly slow (only for upload. I don't have any problem on downloads). It's taking more than an hour to sync 91 photos (Canon SL2 RAW file). The iPad is connected to wi-fi (5Ghz), and it isn't an Internet connection problem because using Lightroom on my MacBook Pro (on the same network), I don't have this problem.

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

please let us know what your settings are in Cloud & Storage sync.
If you are uploading RAWs that might take a longer time than downloading e.g Smart Previews.

Also, please let us know if your ISP (Internet Service Provider) gives you the same download speed as upload speed.
That is not always the case.

Please also let us know which Lightroom version you are using. There might be differences there too.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please let us know what your settings are in Cloud & Storage sync.

• Only download smart previews "on"
  • Prevent From Sleep "on"

If you are uploading RAWs that might take a longer time than downloading e.g Smart Previews.

Yes, I'm uploading RAW (CR2 from Canon SL2) files.

Also, please let us know if your ISP (Internet Service Provider) gives you the same download speed as upload speed. That is not always the case.

My ISP provide different upload and download speed, but I'm getting different upload speed on iPad and MacBook on the same network.

Please also let us know which Lightroom version you are using. There might be differences there too.

I'm using the Lightroom Mobile (v. 5.1.0 93E03A) on my iPad Pro (9,7' | MLMV2LL/A) with iOS 13.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here 150 mbps download and 15 mbps upload and I've been stuck uploading 60 raw photos for over 2 hours. I am using the prevent sleep function and it's just idling. 

60 RAW files x 50 mb each (generous) = 3GB

Even assuming you get 1/3 of my current upload bandwidth test, 5 mbps, that's 3000 mb / 5 mbps = 600 seconds or 5 Minutes. Something seems to be awry.6B699097-83FC-4FB7-ADCF-037859AF9CA0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

sorry about the late reply, did the issue get resolved by a restart of the application?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im still having this problem a month later. 166mbps download, 11 mbps upload, and I've had my iPad running with the screen on for 7 hours trying to upload 300 photos. There are still 85 left! 

This is ridiculous, this is what we get for a monthly subscription program?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem with worst time frame. 

for the past 2 days 48 hours my ipad is connected to the charger and trying to upload 490 photos , till now 7% of them got uploaded, while the exact same files took 2 min to upload to wetransfer ! 

i was  on my 5G internet 600 MP download 400 MP upload, there must be an issue here, specially that i took it today to office and connected it to the 4G LTE router (which is much slower) from same providor, it a bet faster ( it uplaods 3 to 5 photos an hour). but i still couldnt understand why is this happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

there can be many reasons for sync issues.

If you have a problem syncing, can you verify if it occurs with both 5G and 4G?
If you have the possibility to test with a Wifi connection that would be great.

Thanks,
Ignacio 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is way too slow on both 4G and 5G , however its somehow faster on 4G which is the slower speed. 

attached is a speed test for both ( its 1 pm here and that a rush hour i usually upload late night) 4G.jpg5G.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that you are hitting a bug, the question is if there's an easy workaround.
Does it e.g help to restart the app, does it help to restart your device? 

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i thought of it, restarted the app, formated the Ipad , re installed the app, nothing really works, its just too slow. 

i came across another thing yesterday, it takes 5 - 7 min of loading to create a sharing link . so i believe its all connected to a main issue thats im seeking your support to figure out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok! I think I've come up with a fix for this and I know it's too late but I'm hoping this post will help other people! The reason the sync is slow is that there is an error with the uploading of the current photo in the queue. If you log into mobile Lightroom through your web browser you can see the list of image files that are still in the process of being uploaded under "Sync Issues" select the first image in the queue and delete it. After doing this the number of images in the sync queue on my iPad updated immediately and the remaining files started progressing again after being stuck on 600 images for hours.  I am trying to back up 128mb RAW files from a Sony a7Riv, so it is still slow but it is moving a photo every few minutes now. I also noted down the file name of the image that was giving me trouble before I deleted it and I will re-import it later. I hope this helps someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS THE FIX!

Thank you!

Found 40 images from almost 3 years old stuck. Why this is not visible nor informed anywhere on the Mobile App!?

Anyways. Slow sync, stuck sync, etc. is fixed by going to the Web version, then under "Photos" there is a folder called Sync Issues. Deleted all and it uploaded everything almost instantly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm grateful for this advice, but I don't see the folder called Sync issues. I'm using the web version on an iPad, not the iPad application. I'm on vacation without access to a laptop. Uploading had been working, but now I have the problem described in this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines