• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile - iOS (Retain Camera Settings)

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tailored the camera to take photos using a specific set of options - eg. DNG, grid lines, 16:9 etc How do I save this as my default? Thank you.

Title edited by Moderator for clarity purposes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be awesome if we could save capture presets but unfortunately that isn’t an option right now. I find that every time I update the app I have to reset the camera to the Pro setting and turn the flash off. It’s annoying for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming. Frustrating... perhaps someone from Adobe will take note and help us to avoid repetitive tasks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Theresa+J  wrote

That would be awesome if we could save capture presets but unfortunately that isn’t an option right now. I find that every time I update the app I have to reset the camera to the Pro setting and turn the flash off. It’s annoying for sure.

That’s odd, because I’ve set my camera to capture DNG and I’ve never had to reset that. It’s remained sticky through many updates. I’m always switching between Auto and Pro and HDR, and that seems to stick as well, including grid setups. Although because I change that a lot, I may not have noticed it reset to Auto.

I’m using iPhone X, I’m going to leave the grid on and leave it on Pro, and see how long it sticks.

Edit: Also, I’ve had my flash turned off forever, and never had it turn itself back on.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s really interesting. I have an iPhone 7 and I have to reset it frequently. The only setting that sticks is to capture in DNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theresa

Thanks for letting us know.  We're still investigating. 

--Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a follow up, I’ve noticed that my iPhone X does now in fact reset to Auto mode, Auto flash and no grid. This is relatively new behavior, I think. I’m not sure how long the settings stick, but it’s more than a few minutes and less than a day.

Currently using LR Mobile 4.3.2 on iPhone X with iOS 12.3.1.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've noticed this for a while. DNG always sticks, but other settings usually do not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines