• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile, Lightroom Classic and Creative cloud

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new too Lightroom Mobile and as such I am still getting my head around it.   To be honest I can't get a straight simple answers from adobe and I am getting fed of waiting for their chat line to answer my call, its been 2 minutes to answer for the last 30 minutes !!!

The questions I have are:-

1: If I delete images from my "all Synced Folder" collection in Lightroom classic, will it remove any images I have moved into folders on my desktop ?.

2: If I delete the images on Lightroom Mobile will it it impact the images I have previously transferred and moved to folders within Lightroom classic on my desktop ?

3: If I delete the images on Lightroom mobile, will it automatically delete them from the  "all Synced Folder" on Lightroom Classic

4: Is there anyway of bypassing Apple's Photo app

5: Assuming the answer to 4 is No, can I delete images from Apple Photos after they have been loaded in Lightroom Mobile ?.

Lastly if anyone knows an idiots guid to Lightroom mobile and its relationship with Lightroom classic, please share it with me !!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DAJ,

I’ll do my best to answer your questions:

1: If I delete images from my "all Synced Folder" collection in Lightroom classic, will it remove any images I have moved into folders on my desktop ?.

NO - you’re deleting from a collection, which doesn’t remove images from your catalog.

2: If I delete the images on Lightroom Mobile will it it impact the images I have previously transferred and moved to folders within Lightroom classic on my desktop ?

NO - Same as above. Everything you delete in LR Mobile is at the collection level, the images (once synced to the desktop) will stay in the catalog in their folders.

3: If I delete the images on Lightroom mobile, will it automatically delete them from the  "all Synced Folder" on Lightroom Classic

if you delete them from the “All synced photos” on your phone, they are deleted from that collection in your desktop as well.

4: Is there anyway of bypassing Apple's Photo app

You don’t need to use the Photos app at all. You can take the pictures right within Lightroom Mobile. (They won’t show up in your phone’s camera roll).

5: Assuming the answer to 4 is No, can I delete images from Apple Photos after they have been loaded in Lightroom Mobile ?.

Yes you can. However, I recommend making sure they have synced to the desktop and that you have a backup before deleting anything.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Micheal,

Thank you for getting back to me, I ran a set of tests last night and agree with most things you said other the Apple’s Photo app.

I am loading images from an SD card into Lightroom mobile and they have to go into Photos before they can be added into LRM, after which they can be deleted from Photos. It’s a pain for me as it’s another processing step in my workflow and a short coming in LRM which maybe they will address in a future release.

For the record I never reformat my SD cards until the images are on my desktop and backed up.

I think LRM will be an advantage as I can triage and basic edit of images while on the road but it will never replace LR on a desktop or laptop for sheer image processing and publishing capability.

Again thank you taking the time getting back to me

John

John Holmes

www.500px.com/dajh51

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John,

Youre right about using the Photos app when you’re loading from an SD card. There’s no other way to get photos from an external card with iOS... I was referring to photos taken with the mobile device directly. Since there is a camera built in to LR mobile, you can take the photos in LR and bypass Photos.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines