• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile not importing photos from iPhone Camera Roll

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to iPhone 11 Pro.  Prior to this upgrade, any image taken with the default iOS camera automatically appeared in Lightroom Mobile (the iOS app), and therefore soon it appeared in Lightroom Desktop as well (Lightroom Classic).  With the new phone, in the Lightroom App under SETTINGS>IMPORT the slider is "ON" for AUTO ADD FROM CAMERA ROLL / PHOTOS.  I would expect this to be the only setting associated with my issue.

However, when I look at ALL PHOTOS in Lightroom Mobile, my most recent images taken with the default camera app are not there.  The most recent are from my previous phone before I upgraded.

I can click the ADD PHOTOS icon in the lower right and select photos from Camera Roll to bring into Lightroom, but shouldn't the behaviour be automatic given the setting above?  I want every image (and video) that I take with the default app to come over to Lightroom Mobile.  Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

In addition to previous advice, please also check iOS Settings > Lightroom > Photos, and ensure Allow Photos Access = Read and Write.  It's possible for auto-import to fail when Auto Import is On in Lightroom app settings, and camera roll access is disabled in iOS Settings.  Maybe you restored from a backup of your old phone to the new iPhone 11, and this setting was not persisted for the sake of protecting your privacy?  I'll check with the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is the right answer, but here's what works for me:

After you enable the auto-add capability in settings, choose an album (I have one called "On The Go") and from the three dots menu in the list of albums, choose "Auto add from camera roll" for that album. You'll see "Auto Import" listed under the album name next to the photo count. 

Only one album can have this option set, if you enable it on a different album it disables it for the previous one. 

For me, the combination of:

1. Enabling auto add as a capability in settings, and

2. Turning the feature on for one designated album

is what does the trick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael

I'm having the same issue as the original post.  I have added an album 'December' and have followed your suggestions above, I can now see 'Auto Import' listed under the album name.  When I click on the three white dots next to the album name and select 'add photos' / from camera roll - it still only shows 3 photos - none of the 10,000 plus photos that currently fill my iphone camera roll!

Not sure what to try.    

One other question - I also have LR on my Mac - can I sync the two together?  As my Mac version has all my many presets on it etc.    Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to previous advice, please also check iOS Settings > Lightroom > Photos, and ensure Allow Photos Access = Read and Write.  It's possible for auto-import to fail when Auto Import is On in Lightroom app settings, and camera roll access is disabled in iOS Settings.  Maybe you restored from a backup of your old phone to the new iPhone 11, and this setting was not persisted for the sake of protecting your privacy?  I'll check with the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhh Charlie - this was it!   Fixed my problem!!   Thank you 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me no album is required, but I have noticed that Lightroom only automatically imports new pictures from the camera roll as they are taken. Which means the Lightroom app needs to be running in the background when you take the picture. Otherwise you will need to manually import it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Lightroom is backgrounded, it is not importing.  When you resume Lightroom, it sees that new images were added to your camera roll and then imports them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact thing happened to me when I updated to IOS 15. I checked the settings and all is in order - any other ideas. I am able to add manually, but that is not preferable. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @mribando 
iOS Settings > Privacy > Photos > Lightroom = All Photos is enabled?

LR Settings > Import > Auto Add From Camera Roll has at least Photos enabled?

Note that Auto Add only work from the time you turn it on.  Turning it on won't add existing photos from your camera roll, but only new photos going forward.

Does this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - but yes both of those are set correctly. This was working perfectly until 10/26 - I don't know if it was the IOS 15 change or something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note - I can add manually no problem, but of course this is not what is supposed to happen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more update. The photos are indeed being automatically updated but to all photos and not to the designated album. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok, yes. This is by design.  LR iOS auto-imports only to All Photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this new? It was importing directly into my folder previously

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been no recent change.  Up until 2 or 3 years ago, the in-app Lightroom Camera used to be able to capture directly into an album but we changed this after hearing user feedback that this wasn't wanted.  And I do believe auto-importing from the camera roll always put new imports only in All Photos and not an album.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow. I can assure you this is the only way I ever did it and it worked perfectly until 10/26.  May I request that the option be put back? Also are there any plans to be able to tag in mobile and have the tags move to classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't explain how that auto-import behavior could have worked for you, unless you were running a very, very old build like I mentioned.  

Regarding both your ideas, I recommend writing a new post for each idea/feature request and flag it as an Idea, here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines